PDA

View Full Version : List your favorite recipe

12clicks
02-01-2007, 09:17 AM
something you make well. no lying.

Mine is Prime Rib. Some of you may have heard me extol the virtues of my prime rib but here is the recipe. DO NOT make fun of it. its delicious.

feeds 6 people:

1 four bone prime rib, bone in.
take 2 to three bulbs of garlic, peal them and break them down into individual cloves. take a paring knife and stab holes in the prime rib and insert all of the cloves of garlic. cut thicker cloves as needed, put extra in bottom of pan.
then take 1 bottle of liquid smoke (as far as I know, all brands are the same size bottle (not sure what the size is but looks like maybe 3-4 times the size of a tabasco sauce bottle)
pour whole bottle on the meat.
take one stick of melted butter and pour over meat
liberally sprinkle fresh ground pepper and sea salt
cook for 1/2 hour at 400 then lower to 300 for 2 hours.
add whole button mushrooms, cook for 1/2 hour more and serve.

yummy

Evil Chris
02-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Nice... doesn't the liquid smoke take away the actual flavor of the meat though? I've heard good things and bad things about that ingredient.

Slippery
02-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Great idea!
I need to write some of my favorites down. Most of them are in my head.
I make an awesome beef and barley soup!

12clicks
02-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Nice... doesn't the liquid smoke take away the actual flavor of the meat though? I've heard good things and bad things about that ingredient.

nah, it really doesn't. Remember the size of the piece of meat. it doesn't penetrate that deeply. its really just adds to the taste of the outside edges.

Cyndalie
02-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Filet Lolipops

2 Nice pieces of Filet, fresh cut tenderloin (round) up to .5lb each. (The prepackaged stuff doesn't come out as good - get it butcher cut)
1 Package of Fancy Shredded Mozzarella (Sargento)
Sweet basil (Spice Island) or fresh finely chopped basil.
2 skewers (bamboo works fine)

Preheat oven to 350

Trim any fat off the filets and cut into a spiral shape. In separate bowl mix half the cheese with basil. In a shallow baking sheet lay out the filet in a long strip, lightly salt and pepper if desired. Spread half the cheese in the bowl along the inside of the cut. Turn in an end of the meat in and roll into a spiral shape. Use one skewer to hold in place. Repeat with the other filet.

If you have any small pieces of meat come off, place them in the center of the spiral before you roll it up.

Place in oven for 15 minutes. Then flip them over for 10 more mins.

Remove from oven, flip over once more. Turn Oven to Broil.
Sprinkle a top layer of remaining cheese and basil (amount is up to you). Broil until the cheese is slightly browned.

Remove skewer after placing on plate to avoid a complete fallout

Serve with steamed vedgies, potatoes, whatever you want!

The meat will come out so tender you wont need a knife. The cheese and basil add a sharp and sweet flavor that is addicting.

Total prep time : 5 mins
Total cook time: 30 mins
Serves 2

Cost of meal: about $20

Baxter
02-01-2007, 10:38 AM
that sounds yummy cyn..:)

Evil Chris
02-01-2007, 10:59 AM
nah, it really doesn't. Remember the size of the piece of meat. it doesn't penetrate that deeply. its really just adds to the taste of the outside edges.I'm going to try it I think. Prime rib is something we usually go out for though so it will be fun to try it at home.

I make a really good pot of chili but the recipe is in my head!

TheLegacy
02-01-2007, 11:35 AM
MARINATED GRILLED RACK OF LAMB

Servings: 2

Ingredients:
1 rack of lamb (about eight chops)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
Zest of one lemon
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary or thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper

Zest the lemon with a fine grater, taking care to only remove the yellow peel — the white pith beneath it is bitter. Use the lemon juice for cocktails, or splash a bit into the marinade if you really love citrus. Mix all the ingredients together.

Place the lamb in a zipper baggie, pour 3/4 of the marinade over, and reserve the remaining marinade for basting. Marinate for a few hours.

Heat up the grill to a medium high heat, such that you can only hold you hand five inches above the grill for four or five seconds. (Careful!)

Place the racks fat side down onto the grill and cook for five minutes. Flare-up is common; I usually just close the lid.

Turn the racks over, and cook for about 15 more minutes for medium rare (which is what you want), basting once or twice. Remove the chops from the grill, tent with foil, and let stand for five or ten minutes (during which they continue cooking, and the juices run back to the center). Slice into individual chops, if you like, and serve.

gnat69
02-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Banana Fritters:

6 really ripe bananas
3 heaping TBSP of flour
1/4 cup cream
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla

Mash bananas until creamy and then add the rest of the ingredients. The batter should look like pancake mix. Once done heat a fry pan with olive oil and plop in one tbsp of the mixture in the pan. Do not over crowd the pan. No more than 5 at a time, when golden brown on each side remove and place on paper towels. when all done, sprinkle with icing sugar and eat!!! they are best served cold with French Vanilla Ice Cream!!!! :)

Funbrunette
02-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Damn I got to ask around...lol I'm not the best cook but I do try. Usually when people come back when I invite them again it means I done good...lol :laughout:

teenytricia
02-04-2007, 06:55 AM
im good at frying eggs... lol
sorry.. i cant cook.. but your recipes here are cool, i might try them.. hehe..
im learning at xnations everyday! cool board! keep posting you guys!

Evil Chris
02-05-2007, 03:35 PM
frying eggs! haha....

Now if only I could perfect my poached eggs skills.

TheLegacy
02-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Damn I got to ask around...lol I'm not the best cook but I do try. Usually when people come back when I invite them again it means I done good...lol :laughout:

or.. you have a really huge rack and they don't mind microwave popcorn for dinner

http://static.flickr.com/96/255369446_72e2d620d7.jpg