PDA

View Full Version : Why we cared about Anna Nicole Smith

Evil Chris
02-09-2007, 09:41 AM
I just read this article and it made sense to me.
Everyone was intrigued by Anna Nicole Smith in one way or another. This article is a good read.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/08/smith.why.care.ap/index.html

Evil Chris
02-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Here's the video of her from the 2004 American Music Awards.
In case you never saw it.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cawDKdepR-c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cawDKdepR-c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

12clicks
02-09-2007, 09:52 AM
I honestly wasn't.
An unattractive drug addicted prostitute.

its just not interesting to me.

Evil Chris
02-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Unattractive? I think most people would disagree there. As for the drugs, you're probably right, but prostitution... I don't think so.

She had a lot of problems, and I think her name and image will live on much bigger than Marilyn Monroe's ever will. That's saying a lot.

Mish
02-09-2007, 10:15 AM
She had a lot of problems, and I think her name and image will live on much bigger than Marilyn Monroe's ever will. That's saying a lot.

I completely disagree.... Anna Nicole will be remembered without a doubt, and not for particularly positive things, but rather for the sadness that was her life... but to say that she will have some kind of lasting effect the way Marilyn does... I don't think so. :geez:

Can certain parallels be drawn? Sure... Just like every other tragic Hollywood ending.

12clicks
02-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Unattractive? I think most people would disagree there. As for the drugs, you're probably right, but prostitution... I don't think so.

dude, are you nuts? her claim to fame was fucking an old dude for his money (prostitute) and attractiveness is subjective so I'll give you that, however, I found nothing attractive about her.

Evil Chris
02-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm not nuts. Well maybe a little. :)
Just being realistic here.

People love a train wreck, especially a beautiful one. Anna Nicole was beautiful. A famous Playboy playmate, and a Guess girl.
Plus, the last several years of her life were surrounded by tons of drama and fodder for the tabloids. People love that shit.

Mish
02-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Plus, the last several years of her life were surrounded by tons of drama and fodder for the tabloids. People love that shit.

And people forget about it just as quickly the second the next celebrity checks herself into another rehab program, gets arrested, suffers an overdose, commits suicide, etc.....

Magnus3x
02-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Sad existence and mostly brought on to herself. She craved the media and the more she crashed and burned the more the media got interested.
- new baby
- son dies
- baby daddy wants a DNA test
- marries in haste to block the DNA tests, doesn't work
- named in a class action lawsuit with Trim Spa
They showed video of her 3 days ago and she looked to be in a drug induced state..slow motor skills.

Still a tragic existence.

teenytricia
02-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I completely disagree.... Anna Nicole will be remembered without a doubt, and not for particularly positive things, but rather for the sadness that was her life... but to say that she will have some kind of lasting effect the way Marilyn does... I don't think so. :geez:

Can certain parallels be drawn? Sure... Just like every other tragic Hollywood ending.

i agree ... her story may be as sad as marilyn's but i sure don't think that she'll be remembered as much as we did with miss monroe ... marilyn has made mark of becoming a sex icon during her time...

Relentless
02-09-2007, 11:53 AM
dude, are you nuts? her claim to fame was fucking an old dude for his money (prostitute) and attractiveness is subjective so I'll give you that, however, I found nothing attractive about her.

That definition of "prostitute" fits most people doesn't it?

I agree she was not very hot and was quite a wackjob, but for someone with an IQ in the double digits she managed to make quite a bit out of her double Ds. That is what I find interesting. There are a lot of large chested whores in the world, most don't marry billionaires and have their own TV shows.

She did... and it makes you wonder what she knew that the others do not.

gnat69
02-09-2007, 12:10 PM
That definition of "prostitute" fits most people doesn't it?

I agree she was not very hot and was quite a wackjob, but for someone with an IQ in the double digits she managed to make quite a bit out of her double Ds. That is what I find interesting. There are a lot of large chested whores in the world, most don't marry billionaires and have their own TV shows.

I have to agree with you, I feel really sad for her new baby girl, her whole family, she may not have been the most popular person with a lot of people but it is still sad

Vid Vicious
02-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Chris just cus shes got big fuckin tits doesn't make her an icon like Manroe

daisyswank
02-09-2007, 12:54 PM
I have to agree, she had a messed up life, she will be remembered for what who knows, probably her tits, but you have to feel bad for that new baby of hers. The rest will be old news before you know it.

student4ever
02-09-2007, 01:02 PM
the news has been all over the comparisons with Marilyn Monroe, but the only comparison I see is that Smith seemed facinated with Monroe and they both died young. Past that, I really don't see the fasination over Smith's death lasting like the passing of Marilyn Monroe.

TheLegacy
02-09-2007, 01:24 PM
she was selfish - simple as that.

to take drugs - and the jury is still out as to whether she just fucked up wanting attention and didnt realize that no one would catch her in time before they took effect

to consider suicide - when she has a daughter just a few months old? like wtf, leave a your own flesh and blood into a world alone now growing up without a mom

absolutely selfish, and if she was attempting suicide hoping to get on the news and get sympathy thinking someone would find her - well - she fucked up on the time the cleaning staff would enter the room.

Relentless
02-09-2007, 01:41 PM
she was selfish - simple as that.

to take drugs - and the jury is still out as to whether she just fucked up wanting attention and didnt realize that no one would catch her in time before they took effect

to consider suicide - when she has a daughter just a few months old? like wtf, leave a your own flesh and blood into a world alone now growing up without a mom

absolutely selfish, and if she was attempting suicide hoping to get on the news and get sympathy thinking someone would find her - well - she fucked up on the time the cleaning staff would enter the room.

All true.... but how many people do you figure entered her life without wanting something for themself?

Stacker2 when she was fat? Magazines when she was thin? E! when she was crazy? CourtTV when she was sane.

It seems she was not the only one in her life being selfish.

TheLegacy
02-09-2007, 01:50 PM
All true.... but how many people do you figure entered her life without wanting something for themself?

Stacker2 when she was fat? Magazines when she was thin? E! when she was crazy? CourtTV when she was sane.

It seems she was not the only one in her life being selfish.

yes but stacker2 - E! and courttv didnt attempt suicide.

I was saying she was selfish as anyone is by suicide - they do not consider who they have hurt leaving behind. Its permanent.

Evil Chris
02-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Strange how so many people say how hot she *wasn't*.
I seem to recall a time when people could not get enough of her hotness. Numerous Playboy covers and being the Guess girl was meaningless I suppose?

Vid Vicious
02-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Strange how so many people say how hot she *wasn't*.
I seem to recall a time when people could not get enough of her hotness. Numerous Playboy covers and being the Guess girl was meaningless I suppose?

Shes always been a big girl even during the Guess years and earlier during her first playboy cover ...

How ever when people refer to her as ugly, fat, stupid, dim witted .. etc I think they are referring to the Anna Nicole Show ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O61Tn-qGuX8

Vid Vicious
02-09-2007, 02:13 PM
More anna nicole clips

Mad tv's Pool Boy interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_IcxTnPeY

Hommage video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny_OeaXJ1T8

Evil Chris
02-09-2007, 02:47 PM
A report from the autopsy is to take place at 3pm eastern (about 10 min from now).
You can catch it on CNN.

My guess is they won't have much info for us initially.

Cyndalie
02-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Sad existence and mostly brought on to herself. She craved the media and the more she crashed and burned the more the media got interested.
- new baby
- son dies
- baby daddy wants a DNA test
- marries in haste to block the DNA tests, doesn't work
- named in a class action lawsuit with Trim Spa
They showed video of her 3 days ago and she looked to be in a drug induced state..slow motor skills.

Still a tragic existence.
you forgot
- attempted suicide after son dies
- 3 baby daddies want dna tests
- has baby born addicted to methadone
- would have to fight for rights to keep the baby once real daddy is established
- still fighting for rights to inheritance from rich old hubby who's family probablly wanted her dead

Relentless
02-09-2007, 03:41 PM
yes but stacker2 - E! and courttv didnt attempt suicide.
I was saying she was selfish as anyone is by suicide - they do not consider who they have hurt leaving behind. Its permanent.

Stacker2's most famous spokesmodel just died from poor nutrition and a drug overdose. What do you mean Stacker2 did not commit suicide... you think anyone is now planning to buy any?

Evil Chris
02-09-2007, 03:46 PM
The medical examiner isn't giving us anything, really.

Panky
02-10-2007, 10:21 AM
in both her actions and her physical being, such an over-exaggerated version of what we both lust for and loathe in our society.
Pretty much sums it up right there.

dyonisus
02-12-2007, 02:05 PM
That definition of "prostitute" fits most people doesn't it?.

I would say that is a generalization , and I would also disagree that she is a prostitute because she married a wealthy guy... the whole concept is extremely judgemental especially when we only know of her what we saw and star life is not easy or real from a media perspective.

Have you a record of her IQ?
Using ones assets is a business we all make our income from, seems to me she was pretty smart about knoing who she was and what men woudl give offer her if she used what she was given to make herself a life.

obviously she was using, and obviously her life was tragic, but has anyone stopped to consider that there is more here then the media frenzy and gossip is following. A broken woman, someone who was being used and manipulated by even her own mother, even after her death..

Just my thoughts

Evil Chris
02-12-2007, 03:18 PM
My thoughts are that even in death, as certainly was the case in life, people were very critical of Anna Nicole Smith.

TheLegacy
02-12-2007, 04:27 PM
I am going to have to say, that anna is not important here - who is - is the child. imagine growing up and learning not only has your brother died, but a few months later, your mom... and at that time.. no one knew who the father is!!! I am saddened that she is left with so much drama in her life - and hope that she can begin to lead a somewhat normal life.

dyonisus
02-12-2007, 10:16 PM
it is terribly sad, and the media will haunt and follow her as well to keep the story alive... With all that money, how ome no one is thinking that two untimely deaths are suspicious?