PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here living in New York?

Visualad
02-15-2007, 11:57 AM
is the "dating scene" really like it was displayed in that reality series which I think is called.... "The REAL sex and the city".. or something like that.
I think this is an old episode

http://nymag.com/metrotv/02/date/overview.htm

the women in the episodes I was following was diffirent (think its more recent).. But I cant find any links about the show other than the above.

They showed it late nights over here a month or so ago and the dating scene over there seemed very diffirent from other places..

Some women seemed so desperate.. and they all said there are no good men in NY and that there are far more women in NY than men..

Anyone care to share how the dating scene really is over there? :-)

Relentless
02-15-2007, 12:11 PM
I've lived in New York most of my life. The dating scene is no different than anywhere else. If you are a confident and responsible man who knows what he wants out of life and is willing to share that life with someone else you will never have hard time getting laid.

The problem is, most men like that are far too busy and think getting laid is very easy... so they don't put much effort into making it happen. That leaves dweebs, posers and people with no plan in life as the majority of the available dating pool for women to pick through.

Visualad
02-15-2007, 12:17 PM
I've lived in New York most of my life. The dating scene is no different than anywhere else. If you are a confident and responsible man who knows what he wants out of life and is willing to share that life with someone else you will never have hard time getting laid.

The problem is, most men like that are far too busy and think getting laid is very easy... so they don't put much effort into making it happen. That leaves dweebs, posers and people with no plan in life as the majority of the available dating pool for women to pick through.

interesting.. you seen this series?

the way the girls in the series described the NY dating scene to other places in the world made it seem like its something very special. And the narrators description and all the talk was the same.. So basically anyone watching that show, not living in NY - got the impression that its a very special "atmosphere" in regards to dating.. Also.. most said its ok to date like.. 3 + people at the same time.. While in Europe, etc.. You dont really date like that. You see one girl, and if it doesnt work out, you move on.. but not like 3-4 at the same time.

I couldnt stop watching the show..

TheLegacy
02-15-2007, 12:39 PM
perhaps next life I wll try new york - slowly getting tired of canada - but then I would have to cheer for the rangers or some team like that - damn - be dead by morning if I was to scream Leafs at a bar in NY

Relentless
02-15-2007, 01:13 PM
perhaps next life I wll try new york - slowly getting tired of canada - but then I would have to cheer for the rangers or some team like that - damn - be dead by morning if I was to scream Leafs at a bar in NY

False, if you were from New York you would not care about Hockey at all ;)