PDA

View Full Version : Member's area

Horg
09-13-2002, 02:21 PM
Hey people,
I'd like to know what do you people think should go in the perfect member's area for a paysite !

Vid Vicious
09-13-2002, 02:23 PM
Free Grub ... and One Free BJ coupon from the featured girl wouldn't hurt ... LOL

Horg
09-13-2002, 02:41 PM
What's "Grub" ?
Sorry I'm just an ignorant hungry french canadian.

Vid Vicious
09-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Horg
What's "Grub" ?
Sorry I'm just an ignorant hungry french canadian.

FOod

Horg
09-13-2002, 02:55 PM
Maybe somsone can convince McDonald's to give special coupons to members of cumwhoresluts.com !

Funbrunette
09-13-2002, 03:30 PM
Food?!? Anyone say anything about food? I'm STARVING! :gorgeous:

Bruno Dickman
09-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Come on boys and girls... thats an interesting question! :)

I know thats "strategic" info but lets face it... it's not really strategic because every "secret of the members area" of any paysite operator costs about $2,95 - a trial is enough! :)

An ideal members area in my point of view has more content that the person likes than he can browse in 12 hours or so! Simple as that... heheh... if he can see everything in short time why will he stay? :)

Take care,

Bruno

Horg
09-13-2002, 11:40 PM
That's not a bad idea hehe
Hey Bruno I looked at your site, it's pretty good. I saw the Mission Upskirt site in your portfolio area and I thought I saw that before. Then I remembered that one :
Here (http://www.wyldesites.com/graphics/missionupskirt/)
Is it the same one ?

luke
09-13-2002, 11:51 PM
I agree. Ass loads of content but well organized so they can easily find what they are looking for. And not just a bunch of one thing. Pictures, videos, video feeds, games... I think anything that will keep them interested for a while and something to make them want to come back the next night, and the night after, and... Constantly updating to keep them a member.

maxcom
09-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by luke
I agree. Ass loads of content but well organized so they can easily find what they are looking for. And not just a bunch of one thing. Pictures, videos, video feeds, games... I think anything that will keep them interested for a while and something to make them want to come back the next night, and the night after, and... Constantly updating to keep them a member.

true... however, wouldnt you rather make it not extremely easy so they spend time looking through a lot of it and might find something they like by chance that they originally were not looking for. An analogy would be grocery stores moving products from one place to another every 6 months or so so you have to find it again but end up seeing more of their products?

Just my 2 cents...

luke
09-14-2002, 12:21 AM
No you've got a point. I guess it a matter of how far to take it. You don't want them getting pissed because they can't find what they are loking for an cancelling.

maxcom
09-14-2002, 12:24 AM
at AllTeenSite, we utilize the SuperMarket strategy :)
-max

Horg
09-14-2002, 12:26 AM
While having loads of content, do you still keep in touch with the members a lot ? I mean, do you have text and contests and special occasions and things like that or is it just a clean member's area with the sections clearly defined but lacking a bit of life ?

luke
09-14-2002, 12:35 AM
Most of my experience is running amateur sites so I'm always keeping in touch with the members, as the amateur.

Evil Chris
09-14-2002, 11:10 AM
You need to provide a member's area where the member actually feels like they belong and are important to the collective membership.
All the best kick ass content can't accomplish this every time.

My 2 cents!

emmanuelle
09-14-2002, 11:20 AM
Interaction with members is so important, particularly with amateur sites and "community" sites. I suppose the giant mega sites can get away with being cold & impersonal when they have 3 million pics, but the smaller sites tened to appeal on a more emotional & personal level with the surfer, and one needs to maintain that relationship.

Tkt2Pardse
09-14-2002, 12:39 PM
Besides all the content. I believe that it helps to stay in a niche. and stay true to that niche. you make more than one site, represent different niches, have links to all ur sites.

I also am a firm believer in live pay-per-view. they get tired of pics. have them go to a live show where they have to pay for 0ne-on-one chat or something. When you catch that whale, it's like free money!!

I've been with peekshows.com for a while now and they're great. been around a long time and has good support.

later mang

Horg
09-14-2002, 12:48 PM
If I'm going to ever have a member's area I'm going to add live shows from privatefeeds.com for sure, I worked there for 4 months and I actually designed almost all of their graphics (including privatefeeds.com).

Bruno Dickman
09-14-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Horg
That's not a bad idea hehe
Hey Bruno I looked at your site, it's pretty good. I saw the Mission Upskirt site in your portfolio area and I thought I saw that before. Then I remembered that one :
Here (http://www.wyldesites.com/graphics/missionupskirt/)
Is it the same one ?

Horg, the one I made is the FPA for the Mission Upskirt Site, it's on the FPAs section of my portfolio right? The Silvercash crew asked me to design FPAs that looked a lot like the sites, so thats what I did! :)

That Members area thread is very interesting; lets talk some more about it! Where do you guys go to when you need LONG movies? Many AVS sites have hours and hours and hours of full movies, but from what I have noticed, they are all unlicenced. Where can one get licenses for full movies?? How much does that stuff cost?

Also, games... do you think they help to retain the members, REALLY??

Take care,

Bruno

Horg
09-14-2002, 04:28 PM
Cool Bruno, I did not think you stole it, or else you would have been pretty stupid hehe. Nice work :)

The only place I ever found long movies (for free at least) was on newsgroups, and even then it's pretty hard to get all the little pieces together to form a real movie. I never really tried to anyway, it's not worth it. I'm curious to see if content providers actually provide long movies as you say. It might be interesting for surfers to have access to that.

Bruno Dickman
09-14-2002, 08:49 PM
Horg, thank you bro :)

Hey everyone, no one here knows anything about full lengh movies licenses for members areas?

Take care,

Bruno