PDA

View Full Version : FireFox - adframe.php - forumdisplay.php issues

Panky
02-28-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm having an issue with FireFox.

When I first enter a board and sometimes after I've been on a board for awhile, the download screen will appear and FF is downloading either adframe.php or forumdisplay.php. It's happened to me in the past with index.php too. Anyway, what happens is, tabs will keep opening up non stop all trying to load the board. Then, I use ctrl-alt-delete/task manager to close down FireFox, otherwise FF will never close and tabs just keep opening.

Is it just me, or has it happened to other FF users too? ;)

I'm thinking that this is some sort of bug with how FireFox reads board scripts, but does anyone really know what it is and how to fix this problem? It does not happen every single time I enter a board or stay logged in, but it is rather annoying when it does happen.

IE works fine. (And no I'm not switching over to IE as my main browser) :D

I'm using version 2.0.0.2. I noticed it once before with index.php on another board using a previous version of FF, but the issue just seems much worse now.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

http://www.pankyspink.com/xnations.jpg

As I was posting this post previously attempting to use FF, (FF seemed to be behaving itself), the same thing happened once again, but downloading newthread.php. :nuts:

student4ever
02-28-2007, 03:09 PM
that's a new one for me... I'm running FF 2.0.0.2 on a few systems and have not seen that behavior on any of them...

the only thing I can think of off the top is that maybe... somehow, the .PHP file type has been associated with downloading the file? It might be worth checking your file types to see if this somehow happened. :confused: