PDA

View Full Version : Message Boards-what do you use them for?

leedsfan
02-01-2003, 06:01 PM
If you want to find out information on the boards, how long are you prepared to spend searching for your topic?

How much time a day do you spend on the boards?

Howe important is it to you to spend time on the boards?

I have been tossing this subject around in my head for some time, especially with the growth of available boards (of course XNations is the best-right Chris?), it is becoming increasingly difficult to find pertinant information, if I have a subject in mind...and if i start a new thread on my subject, chances are i get piss from people who tell me that the subject was discussed x-days ago...

so what do you use them for?

Dugmor
02-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by leedsfan

so what do you use them for?

I use them to find whores !

creaturebeats
02-01-2003, 07:28 PM
i find myself spendin like 2 hours a day on them, using the search feature i could usually find what i'm lookin 4...

only post at a handful of boards but i visit alot...

yes i have a dull freakin life right now, it's a cold winter

firehorse
02-01-2003, 10:27 PM
Hey leedsfan,

I use the search feature and can usually find what I want. I spend a lot of time on boards and can usually get the answer I want and post in the right forum accordingly.

I post on the boards for networking, fun and to learn and share information. Kitty and I have met so many wonderful people, sold sooo much content, formed partnerships and benefitted in soo many ways. Also boards are great for branding your product and many people have clicked on my sig, leading to much more biz.

Before my online career I owned 2 houses in Sydney by the time I was 18 all because of the power of networking. Boards make networking so much easier.

Many people realise the effectiveness of word-of-mouth advertising yet remain not quite as aware pf the value of networking offered by forums.

Like most things, it's all in the way that you use it!:D

Funbrunette
02-01-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Dugmor
I use them to find whores !

Just remember I get a certain % of money you make...I mean, this being my board and all :D

leedsfan
02-03-2003, 01:04 PM
Thanks for your input, but what i'm really trying to gauge, is how important do we think they are in our business. I know lots of people who have stopped using them altogether, as a result of having to wade through oceans of crap, to find something that is of value.

This is particularly true on some boards, not Xnations, of course, or FH and Kitty's.

How much imprtance do we place on them in our work day...?