PDA

View Full Version : The choking game

Evil Chris
03-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I just heard about this. It's a suffocation game that young kids play.
Basically you choke yourself to the point of passing out and it gives you a head rush.

The problem is that the window between head-rush and death is and this much. Many kids are dying from this stupidity. I saw something last night on The Fifth Estate (http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/) about it.

When an Alberta mother went looking for clues and anwers as to why her well-adjusted nine-year-old might have committed suicide by hanging, she discovered some information about a disturbing social phenomenon called the choking game.
Very scary... and very stupid.

student4ever
03-15-2007, 03:39 PM
it's pretty scary stuff and not that uncommon... although it's most publicized about 'kids' doing it, a friends brother died that way a couple years ago... he was in his late 30's.

If you've got kids from like 2nd grade and up, ask them if they have heard of it or know anybody who has played it... you may be very surprised at what they tell you...

TheLegacy
03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
it actually has been going around for years - amazing it took this long for the press to pick up on it. There are also a small group of fetish folks who use something like this to get off. apparently the orgasm is much stronger at the point of low oxygen, and a Mississauga hotel 4 years back will confirm that they had a guy hang himself in the closet of a rented room because he was jerking off while hanging himself to get off. He wasn't trying to kill himself, just get one of the best orgasms he felt can be achieved.

student4ever
03-15-2007, 03:55 PM
There are also a small group of fetish folks who use something like this to get off. apparently the orgasm is much stronger at the point of low oxygen
although their family does not like to talk about it... they are fairly sure that is what happened with the brother. There is even speculation that his girlfriend was actually there and allowed him to hang too long...
very sad stuff...

Funbrunette
03-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Yeah I've read about this before (a few years ago) It's pretty disturbing and as I parent I think it's important to have a good line of communication with your children and perhaps warn them about the danger of stupid "games" like this. What's going on with kids these days anyways?!? :confused: When I was that age I was busy playing with my friends and watching cartoons I wasn't intested in a "thrill buzz" Are these kids bored?

Way3
03-16-2007, 10:26 AM
I heard about this about 15 years ago. As said it's very unfortunately that the media finally picked it up. :geez:
Funbrunette...you're right:
"What's going on with kids these days anyways?!? "

Magnus3x
03-16-2007, 11:00 AM
We used to do this in the school yard, I learned from WWF westling.. the sleeper hold.

Really stupid stuff!

Cyndalie
03-16-2007, 11:02 AM
man what happened to the good old buzz stuff like whipped cream and rolling down a hill?

Evil Chris
03-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I remember it from when I was in primary school too. Although the method has changed somewhat.

lulu
03-16-2007, 02:36 PM
yup. i heard of it too. i don't know what drives them to do this. boredom, rebellion, miscontent?? its scary.

Kenny B
03-16-2007, 03:08 PM
What happened to the good old days of sniffing glue and liquid paper?

Slippery
03-16-2007, 03:26 PM
What happened to the good old days of sniffing glue and liquid paper?I think that still goes on too unfortunately... :geez:

teenytricia
03-19-2007, 11:29 AM
yeah, I heard of this crap! what kids come up nowadays, huh?