PDA

View Full Version : Do YOU Exercise Anything?

Visualad
03-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Ive been hitting the gym about 4 times per week since for over 15 years now. Its in my blood. Heavy Weights and Cardio..

During the summer time I switch the cardio indoors and go outside for medium long runs.. (between 4-8 kilometers)..

What do you do to get exercise? Lets hear the fitness side of Xnations!

Evil Chris
03-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Funny you should mention this. I only recently got back into work-outs.
They aren't much, though. Just some cardio on the treadmill for now a few times a week. I don't look forward to it.... I just do it.

Visualad
03-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Funny you should mention this. I only recently got back into work-outs.
They aren't much, though. Just some cardio on the treadmill for now a few times a week. I don't look forward to it.... I just do it.

ok... here is what I think a good tip.. Do the treadmill or stationary bike while doing something else.. Either listening to SUPERB music, watching something good on TV or like I used to do a few years back - play Playstation.. (good with stationary bikes)..

If you can get your mind of how "boring" it is to do it, then time flies while youre doing it... I never exercise without my ipod for example..

Back in the day i never went to the gym without my walkman and cassette tapes.. ;-)

Cant train without some good music.

glad2beme
03-21-2007, 01:10 PM
I agree!!! music keeps me moving!! go for healthy living...(you think i can skip the go for healthy living part eh?i cant quit smoking) harhar..

Vid Vicious
03-21-2007, 01:14 PM
i exercise my one eyed snake

TheLegacy
03-21-2007, 01:18 PM
I exercise my right to an attorney

Cyndalie
03-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I exercise on my Wii :)

Never been to a gym. Never needed to hehe

Funbrunette
03-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Does sex count? And running around after a 4 year old and two dogs? Did I mention I live in a madhouse...lol I try and work out a few times a week, but I have a hard time finding time and the energy.

Cyndalie
03-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Does sex count? And running around after a 4 year old and two dogs? Did I mention I live in a madhouse...lol I try and work out a few times a week, but I have a hard time finding time and the energy.

Sex definitely counts. Last spring I tripled my sexual activities and lost 20 lbs in 3 months. Kept it off the fun way too :)

Visualad
03-21-2007, 03:01 PM

I thought you went regurarly to the gym... whats going on girl???

Platinum Chris
03-21-2007, 03:07 PM
I've gotta start again, sitting at a desk is catching up with me :uoink:

TheLegacy
03-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Sex definitely counts. Last spring I tripled my sexual activities and lost 20 lbs in 3 months. Kept it off the fun way too :)

tripled as in 3some?

Funbrunette
03-21-2007, 05:24 PM
I thought you went regurarly to the gym... whats going on girl???

I'm too busy! I know it's a lame excuse...You said you would be my personal trainer where are you? I've been waiting for you for 5 years! Come on Peter! :heart:

tASSy
03-21-2007, 05:40 PM
i sit in my swivel chair at my desk and twist around a lot while i'm working, does that count? how about my dance dance revolution game? i'm like a child, you have to trick me into exercising.

Cyndalie
03-21-2007, 05:53 PM
I exercise my mind reading Xnations!

LAJ
03-21-2007, 06:48 PM
I exercise my:
body
brain
dick
patience
sanity
boundaries

But not necessary in that order.

SilvercashJeanette
03-21-2007, 07:31 PM
I don't really exercise too often. Every now and again I will stretch and do a 20 min workout in my living room, but ususally I'm too busy.
Lately I have been walking around the block on my breaks here at the office if you could call that exercise...and I'm proud to say I've been eating more fruit and veggies lately too :)

Way3
03-21-2007, 08:01 PM
The only exercise here is chasing my daughter around! She's FAST!:scram:

Visualad
03-21-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't really exercise too often. Every now and again I will stretch and do a 20 min workout in my living room, but ususally I'm too busy.
Lately I have been walking around the block on my breaks here at the office if you could call that exercise...and I'm proud to say I've been eating more fruit and veggies lately too :)

I think this sounds pretty good! Eating well and trying to fit in as much exercise as possible... :-)

Sometimes its as easy as taking a walk instead of taking a cab.. Or walking up the stairs instead of taking the elevator.. Things like that..

Stretching is superb... Especially for webmasters that are usually glued for hours infront of the computer. :-)

Visualad
03-21-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm too busy! I know it's a lame excuse...You said you would be my personal trainer where are you? I've been waiting for you for 5 years! Come on Peter! :heart:

Well.. maybe IŽll do some PT work with you when I get over there.. :heart: :xthumbs:

dyonisus
03-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Walk the dog, watersports (not that kind ;-) that is about it though I do plan to lose the winter flab by inline skating once the snow melts

Platinum Chris
03-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Does lifting a beer from the table to your mouth count? Cuz I do that as well :D

jackbdirty
03-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Well, I've got to admit it..... it's been about 4 years since I've excercised anything but my fingers on the keyboard. I need to get my lazy ass to the gym.

Jack

gabrio
03-24-2007, 07:41 AM
i exercise my one eyed snake

that doesn't count as training vid hehe

gabrio
03-24-2007, 07:45 AM
im pretty active sports wide, it's like sometimes i feel the need to move and run so i just do it...sometimes when im bored i don't do it though, and that is sooo bad! and i agree music it's great, especially if you are alone, it makes you run faster, but i also like for example going running with a friend or somebody i can talk to so that you can just have fun while you do something useful for your body.

sooner or later your body will make you pay for what you do to him so better taking good care of that! even if you don't like it...

my favs are:

swimming, tennis, running, weights is boring after a while and kickboxing back with my old teacher "Giorgio", now that was a genius hehe and in the summer volleyball is cool

Way3
03-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Does lifting a beer from the table to your mouth count? Cuz I do that as well :D

I think so. Aren't they called "12 ounce curls"? :glugglug:

ScreaM
03-28-2007, 03:48 PM
I workout 4x a week. Been lifting since May 2006. Besides that I go for a run in the mornings (sometimes).

SilvercashJeanette
03-28-2007, 04:12 PM
I think this sounds pretty good! Eating well and trying to fit in as much exercise as possible... :-)

Sometimes its as easy as taking a walk instead of taking a cab.. Or walking up the stairs instead of taking the elevator.. Things like that..

Stretching is superb... Especially for webmasters that are usually glued for hours infront of the computer. :-)

Hehe, thanks! :heart: I appreciate the support Hehe

gabrio
03-28-2007, 05:45 PM
any swimming pool fans?

Quagmire
03-29-2007, 02:57 PM
I have a farm and have loads of work to do around it which keeps me very busy in the summer. Somehow I always end up with a gut from the winter rest...

ScreaM
03-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Let us burn some calories then.