PDA

View Full Version : NHL All Star game

Evil Chris
02-02-2003, 12:32 PM
I'm going to watch the All Star game today. Is anyone else going to watch? I never miss it. It's like a throwback to old time hockey (without the blood).
There is so much finesse in the All Star game and always a lot of great goals.
Starts at 2pm eastern! :D

sherie
02-02-2003, 02:43 PM
I'm watching it!! Then I will watch the Pro Bowl later on too!!:D

Hey that guitar player looks like the dude from the White Stripes??

Evil Chris
02-02-2003, 03:29 PM
One bodycheck in the whole first period! LOL
And it was Roenick... no big surprise there!

I wanna see a fight! hahaha....

sherie
02-02-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
One bodycheck in the whole first period! LOL
And it was Roenick... no big surprise there!

I wanna see a fight! hahaha.... JR is the man!!

Evil Chris
02-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Great game! Lot's of finesse and outstanding goaltending for a change!

Heatley got 4 goals in regulation time, and another in the shoot-out...
Does that mean he broke the record of 4 goals? Do you think the shoot-out goal should count towards breaking the record?

Short Irish Guy
02-03-2003, 08:39 PM
That game was simply amazing...:blush:

gregtx
02-04-2003, 12:07 AM
Marty Turco has certainly stepped up after being shadowed by eddie belfour...

:D

Evil Chris
02-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Turco is having an awesome year. It's almost unbelievable. The Stars have a nicely rounded package for a team this year and if they don't go all the way to the Stanley Cup finals, I will be very surprised.

Short Irish Guy
02-04-2003, 10:33 AM
I'm a Blues and Penguins fan myself.

gregtx
02-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Yeah.. its nice to have two winning teams.. Mavs basketball and Dallas Stars Hockey... two out of three isn't too bad ;-))

who knows with the "TUNA"... maybe we will back on track...

St. Louis has some nice pro teams as well... ;-))

Evil Chris
02-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Greg... I think your star player for the Mavs is a hell of a player! ;)
You know why too... LOL

sherie
02-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Somebody please tell me that there is a game on tonight!:eek:

DrGuile
02-04-2003, 02:39 PM
Yeah, pretty good game.

I dont think Heatley broke the record.

Did anyone notice where all the goalies where from?

i'll give you a hint: Roy, Lalime, Thibault, Brodeur...

Trouble prononcing those names? Muahahahah

Short Irish Guy
02-04-2003, 02:43 PM
USA baby, USA! :p

Evil Chris
02-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by sherie
Somebody please tell me that there is a game on tonight!:eek: Sherie... I am going through the same hockey withdrawls that you are!
Yes, there are games tonight... :D

gregtx
02-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile
Yeah, pretty good game.

I dont think Heatley broke the record.

Did anyone notice where all the goalies where from?

i'll give you a hint: Roy, Lalime, Thibault, Brodeur...

Trouble prononcing those names? Muahahahah

==========================================

yeah.. but where do they all work??? and who's payin them... hehe

Evil Chris
02-04-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by gregtx
==========================================

yeah.. but where do they all work??? and who's payin them... hehe Please Greg, don't go there....
Money is ruining hockey... :(

Kris
02-04-2003, 04:25 PM
great thread! turco is a stud. a couple summers ago i felt like the stars made a lot of bad decisions(letting hull go was the worst), but after last season and this past summer, they've cleaned up the mess!! the stars have always had great goalies.

i don't know that money is the sole reason for the nhl troubles.

greg, next time i'm in dallas we'll have to make it to a game... i haven't been since the season home opener.

gregtx
02-04-2003, 04:49 PM
going to watch the mavs and kings tonight... I'm sure Brad is going to the Stars game tommorow... but yeah.. Kris.. come on up bro... always fun to go to a Stars game...

come on EvilChris... how is $$$ wrecking the nhl??? these guys are the best all around atheletes i've seen plus they all play with true heart... 15 stitches broken ankle and a scratched eyeball.. and they are still playing... why not pay them ??? and if they don't make the $$$ then who does.. appearanlty the money is being totally supported by the fans ... no??? what do you suggest they do with all the extra money??? i'm sure you could convicne the owners to send it to a charity.. but honestly.. I think the players wouldl love to put it in thier pockets...

cheers

Raph
02-04-2003, 09:28 PM
(comeback post)

Hey how about that Heatley uh ? DAMN that guy is something !

Gotta get myself some of his rookies cards :D

Evil Chris
02-05-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by gregtx
going to watch the mavs and kings tonight... I'm sure Brad is going to the Stars game tommorow... but yeah.. Kris.. come on up bro... always fun to go to a Stars game...

come on EvilChris... how is $$$ wrecking the nhl??? these guys are the best all around atheletes i've seen plus they all play with true heart... 15 stitches broken ankle and a scratched eyeball.. and they are still playing... why not pay them ??? and if they don't make the $$$ then who does.. appearanlty the money is being totally supported by the fans ... no??? what do you suggest they do with all the extra money??? i'm sure you could convicne the owners to send it to a charity.. but honestly.. I think the players wouldl love to put it in thier pockets...

cheers
It's just that there is a talent drain from Canada to US hockey franchises, and while I have nothing against the players being paid a good sum for playing (you're right, it's a tough as nails sport), it's a shame that the Canadian teams suffer because of the ever-rising salaries being offered to the players in the bigger (richer) US cities.

(P.S. Welcome back Raph!)

gregtx
02-05-2003, 11:21 AM
Come on Canada... step up... ya need to pay your guys more money.. which means you need to fill your stadiums (go to the game)... and buy all the bullshit merchandise etc... no need to blame us for liking the sport... and we pay handsomely to enjoy it :)

laws of supply and demand... no need to blame anyone

:)

Evil Chris
02-05-2003, 11:59 AM
You're absolutely correct Greg! Our stadiums are just as busy as yours are, and in a lot of market cities, even fuller. But we do have to deal with the US dollar versus the Canadian dollar at this time.

I know money isn't everything in hockey... take the New York Rangers for example. But the players need to be paid, and just as much as their opponents to the south.

sherie
02-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Sherie... I am going through the same hockey withdrawls that you are!
Yes, there are games tonight... :D *PHEW* I was starting to freak right out!! Another shut out for Eddie!!:cool: