PDA

View Full Version : Auto Rank Help

Dirty-Girl
03-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Hey Everybody - Rachel Here - aka DirtyGirl from VirtualDirtyGirl.com
I'm having a big problem with my new Autorank Pro - I recently got a new server and subsequently, I had to upgrade my old AutoRank Script to 5.0 as the old script didn't work on my new server. My server admin guys transfered all the data from the old script to the new one, but I can't make heads or tails out of this new script and my whole list is messed up. I actually had to take it down. None of the links work or anything. I just don't understand how this new version works. When I got my original script 6 years ago, someone else got all the templates setup and working for me etc, so I could just edit the templates and work the list etc. My whole list has been down for over a 2 months now and I've lost some great traffic and also lost some great long term linking partners.
So - that being said, I'm looking for someone to help me get this list going again and maybe tutor me a little. I'm not looking for freebees! I know that time is money. So if ur interested, I'd luv 2 hear from you. Thanks Again.
Canadian Kisses
Rachel xoxx

student4ever
03-28-2007, 04:39 PM
if only I knew something about Autorank... or PERL... :geez:
:laughout:

I'm sure there are at least a couple people around with Autorank experience, but if for some reason you end up without help, hit me up. Scripts and me goes together like peas and carrots... it's a geek thing...

gabrio
03-28-2007, 05:44 PM
hey there... send me a message, i can check what's up for you... im used to AGP but autorank shouldn't differ that much. icq 132516819 or msn gabrio@teamperfecto.com

gab

gecko
03-31-2007, 06:30 PM
You sort this out?

scottb
03-31-2007, 08:51 PM
I have two questions and one comment.

1) Do you have the needed permissions to run CGI scripts from your cgi-bin on the new server?

2) Have you talked to JMB Software? They only charge $35 to install AutoRank Pro for you. I always have them install it for me as it saves a lot of headaches if there are problems with the Perl and Apache settings. Once it is installed, you should have no problems running the program after 6 years experience.

My next install will be AutoRank PHP. The program looks solid and I know PHP better than Perl. I also don't like flat file databases.