PDA

View Full Version : When it rains, it pours..

Platinum Chris
04-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Man, how true is that saying for the bullshit that happens in one's life.

Back at the end of November, I got laid off from my previous job. With the new gaming law that came into effect, all our clients were moving their focus away from US traffic and asking us for Int'l. Since we mainly had only US traffic, things slowed right down to the point the company had to downsize.

Lucky for me, I was able to get back at my prior company on contract for a few months to sustain my life, but no where near the pay scale I was at. So things pile up on ya over time. :geez:

Just near the end of my contract, I catch a huge break and land here at Platinum Bucks, and things couldn't have been better. Then comes the snow, lovely white flakes from hell that causes ice. :bad mood:

Well, on the way to work, make a simple turn onto a street I take everyday, I hit that which should not have been there since we pay taxes out our ass to have salted roads, I turn right, the truck goes straight, right into this poor ladies car.

Now, its not bad, but I'm not ready to go down the path of the twink-sites and take a huge rod up my ass, but thats what I'm in for with the insurance company. I think I'll pitch this as a new niche, Ass-Pounding Insurance Agents, APIA for short. ::-|

So really, when it rains, it fucking pours. I need an umbrella.

Anyways, thats my wonderful Thursday morning before the long weekend. Enjoy, have your fun, and hopefully my pain makes your day that much brighter :(

dyonisus
04-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Oh man, sorry to hear about that... sometimes we just have to ride these things out and wait for the curve to turn upwards...

I like the niche insurance guys always seem to win!!!

student4ever
04-05-2007, 02:47 PM
now that defines a crappy way to start a day... sorry to hear about the not much fun you've been having. Hang in there, it always gets better after a garbage period like that.

Slippery
04-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Chris... the one thing about rain is that it can't last.
The sun always comes out eventually.

Have a better day. :)

TheLegacy
04-05-2007, 04:22 PM
chris seriously man. .thanks for showing us a bit more of yourself. sorry to hear what happened, but the beautiful thing about rain/clouds is that you are guaranteed 100% that sunshine will show up someday soon. Let the insurance companies battle it out - but your right - platinum is an awesome company to work with, keep the faith man

teenytricia
04-06-2007, 01:26 PM
thats just awful! don't worry. you'll bounce I'm sure ...

Platinum Chris
04-09-2007, 09:35 AM
heh, thanks all. The day actually got worse near quitting time, but oh well, nothing like a case of the Mondays to set things straight ;)

Platinum Chris
04-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Well, finally get to put this incident behind me. We came to an agreement, and I paid her $620 for the estimate she got for her vehicle.

Originally, I was going to prepay the shop for the repairs, but she wasn't sure when she was going to book the car in, and was afraid if I got held up, the car would sit an extra day at the shop w/o getting fixed waiting on the funds.

After we signed the letter I drafted up, and I was leaving the dealership we met at, I saw her going out the other exit, and she nearly got smoked by 2 on-coming cars. I just went the other direction and circled back down another street to avoid her :laughout: :laughout:

Way3
04-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Glad to hear you've got it all behind you! Sounds like you did the right thing! Just pay the money and move on! Hopefully you will not cross paths with her again! :) Now it's time to move on to bigger and better things!

Platinum Chris
04-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Now it's time to move on to bigger and better things!

Thanks! I tried, but Cyn didn't accept my virtual proposal. She said I was too Canadian.:cry: :cry:

Cyndalie
04-12-2007, 02:45 PM
LOL.. glad it worked out without too much hassle in the end Chris.
Still sucks but hopefully your bout of bad luck has run it's course.