PDA

View Full Version : Saw Grindhouse last night...

AZ_Sarah_Maxcash
04-11-2007, 02:37 PM
I was very entertained, especially enjoyed the first flick, Planet Terror.

If you like a good gory action flick with a little cheesy "B movie" flavor, or are a Quentin fan, then def check it out!

Evil Chris
04-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Cool.... you aren't the first person I've heard liked this movie.
I guess FB and I will have to get out and see it this weekend.

Cyndalie
04-11-2007, 03:16 PM
From that description it sounds like I will love it!

Vid Vicious
04-11-2007, 08:45 PM
I saw it on Sunday ... I must admit I'm a big fan of film noir and Gendre, however Tarantino missed the boat on his flick this time around ... I've never walked out on a tarantino film .. this would be a first. the problem was something I call, the tarantino banter .. you know that steadicam shot that goes around a group of people, inter-cut with c/u shots, All that. just to introduce the back story which usually doesn't make a difference in the plot (you will notice this type of scene in every QT movie) The same usual crap with a language that only Tarantino speaks... well this time it went on for too long .. Jman and I looked at each other and simultaniously got up to leave.

Sorry tarantino, u can take a lesson from Rodriguez on Gore Film gendre.

with that said .. Kurt russel as stunt man Mike .. there could be no other ... LOL

As for the R Rodriguez Film pure B Zoombie flick, well done, with all the gore you'd expect from RR ... Thumbs Up

Funbrunette
04-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Being a big Tarantino fan I can't wait to see Grindhouse!!!

I love his work, Quentin knows cult and uses it to reach a bigger public.
Love him or hate him but it's a fact he's changing the way movies are made. :worthy:

gunner
04-12-2007, 02:44 PM
looking forward to seeing this... but I trust Vid's review (for some weird reason) so I'm worried it might not be up to par.

Slippery
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
I will probably wait until it comes out on DVD!

Evil Chris
04-14-2007, 12:14 AM
OK so FB and I saw Grindhouse and I thought the 2nd one (Death Proof) was the better of the 2!

But I liked them both. And all the old style movie previews were great!

Funbrunette
04-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Being a big Tarantino fan I can't wait to see Grindhouse!!!

I love his work, Quentin knows cult and uses it to reach a bigger public.
Love him or hate him but it's a fact he's changing the way movies are made. :worthy:

I'm going to have to quote myself here...

Thumbs up Quentin you delivered a fucking good movie! :worthy: I much prefered the second one, but still enjoyed the zombies...lol

This car is 100% death proof, only to get the benefit of it honey, you really need to be sitting in my seat!