PDA

View Full Version : anyone seeing strange google results?

Visualad
04-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Just saw one site that came up in a search with totally diffirent Meta title and description, that wasnt in the site itself at all..

i.e the site´s meta title and description shown from google was WAS totally not the same as they are on the site itself..

Dont think I ever seen that before..

Anyone seeing something strange?

Funbrunette
04-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Call me old fashion, but I still use Yahoo and probably always will! Bad habits are hard to break!

Cyndalie
04-17-2007, 10:27 PM
lotta indexed redirects and cloaked pages, this is not new in google, and not getting better. I manged to save a few too.

Evil Chris
04-18-2007, 09:37 AM
I am with FB. I use Yahoo for 99% of my searching.

MediaGuy
04-18-2007, 10:59 AM
I think results are going to get wonkier for a little while since IE 7 came out and it seems that everyone has to reinstall their toolbars and other such things from what I heard.

Already Alexa rankings got ALL messed up because of the toolbar disappearing from thousands? hundreds of thousands? millions?!?!? of users' IE browsers...

TheLegacy
04-18-2007, 11:10 AM
I stopped using alexa simply because it is too easy to manipulate and really doesn't give a fair assessment of the site value. yes, google is a bit wonkers now a days - it's like the bigger you build them, the easier it is to screw around with the smaller things about it

MediaGuy
04-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I stopped using alexa simply because it is too easy to manipulate and really doesn't give a fair assessment of the site value. yes, google is a bit wonkers now a days - it's like the bigger you build them, the easier it is to screw around with the smaller things about it

Believe me I have no intention of getting into the Alexa toolbar debate :scram: except to say that like most other stats reporting, its a barometre or relative gauge...

But it sucks that SO many believe in it and that all sites I know of (including ours grr) have literally lost half their Alexa "value" - so a site that had a 35,000 rating now has, from one day to the next, a 75,000th rating... geeze...

jackbdirty
04-21-2007, 05:02 AM
Yeah... I've been seeing some different things happening this past month. I was way up there... then bounced down... then for some strange reason.. bounced back up 2 weeks later. What do you think causes that...same key phrases, etc.

student4ever
04-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah... I've been seeing some different things happening this past month. I was way up there... then bounced down... then for some strange reason.. bounced back up 2 weeks later. What do you think causes that...same key phrases, etc.
That's just the constant Google dance... I've gone from a top 10 to not even in the top 100 and then back to the top 10 in a matter of hours for the same phrase...

They constantly tweak the algorithms... there are new sites getting indexed all the time... it's all one big mess that we love to hate... :arrr: