PDA

View Full Version : Power outage

Evil Chris
04-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Power has been out most of the day here. It went out at around 9am and only came back at about 4pm. This happens a couple times a year when the weather gets bad... usually high winds are to blame.

But it used to be worse when I first moved to this area in the late 90s. It seems every time we had any kind of moderate storm, the power would go out. They've made many improvements since then thankfully.

Anyone else lose power a lot? Or today at all?

Visualad
04-16-2007, 07:14 PM
"funny" you mention this.. As it just happened to me yesterday..

I was going to create a thread about it, since I found it interesting how "crippled" I got without anything working.

No TV means you cant chill watching series or a movie.. No computer and internet means you cant work efficiently.. no nothing basically..

So.. with nothing working I could not do anything and I had the choice of either going out with friends or do some house chores.. ;-)

But still... When power goes out, it really hits you how dependant we are on all these electrical devices... :-(

Way3
04-16-2007, 07:33 PM
I guess I'm just lucky to live where I do. I just can't image being out of power that long! Hope it gets better for you guys! :)

Evil Chris
04-17-2007, 08:55 AM
About an hour after I posted this thread, the power went out once again and didn't come back until about 10:30pm.

StaceyJo
04-17-2007, 10:28 AM
yeah its kinda weird when power goes off...

Platinum Chris
04-17-2007, 10:46 AM
At my prior residence a couple years ago, we lost power alot! Typically we'd get lots of quick flashes, to compete outages for about 30mins+.

At first, I thought it was something going on in the house, but later, I figured it was the power-station terminal up the street. The grid we were on, and that routing station had to be knocked offline a lot due to tons of construction going on in the surrounding areas :(

Slippery
04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
I had a computer go completely dead on me because of a lightning storm once that knocked our our power!

Cyndalie
04-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Lots of flooding around but power's been good!

Panky
04-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Our power couldn't decide for awhile if it was going to stay on or go off. Our grid seemed to hold its own pretty well, but other areas of town lost the battle.

Did you ever get that eery feeling when driving through a town at night when there are no lights on anywhere and your car is the only one on the road?

gabrio
04-18-2007, 03:20 AM
"funny" you mention this.. As it just happened to me yesterday..

I was going to create a thread about it, since I found it interesting how "crippled" I got without anything working.

No TV means you cant chill watching series or a movie.. No computer and internet means you cant work efficiently.. no nothing basically..

So.. with nothing working I could not do anything and I had the choice of either going out with friends or do some house chores.. ;-)

But still... When power goes out, it really hits you how dependant we are on all these electrical devices... :-(

yeah and it feels like being in 2000 BC

GoodChris
04-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Told ya you should move out my way...not even a flicker here

Evil Chris
04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Told ya you should move out my way...not even a flicker hereYou live in the boonies!

TheLegacy
04-18-2007, 11:37 AM
and 9mo later the population of montreal doubles

jackbdirty
04-21-2007, 05:04 AM
Where are you from?..cause I rarely see a power outage down here in Florida...unless a hurricane..lol.

Jack