PDA

View Full Version : Second Life (2nd Life)

Evil Chris
04-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Anyone here ever played Second Life? (http://www.secondlife.com/)

I have been considering joining up and playing a bit, but I'm not sure if it's the kind of game that can be played "casually". I mean, I don't want to get sucked into having the desire to play for hours on end. I just don't have time for it.

lulu
04-17-2007, 11:21 AM
hey chris, i checked it out a few times. its pretty crazy how extensive this "society" is. its worth having a peak. i like learning to drive the various vehicles. never got to the plane. i can see why peeps would get sucked in. i didn't continue because i don't have much patience for games with lots of commands, rules, etc... no judgement but i just prefer spending my time with real people.

Evil Chris
04-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Well I remember when FB was pregnant she and I played a lot of "The Sims" and we had fun with that, but neither have us have played it since.

I have always liked those simulation type of games where you're kinds looking down on cities and people and you're in control of them and their destiny. Kinda like most of the Simcity games and Command and Conquer was like that too.

I might give 2nd Life a try just to find out what it's all about.

Stephane76
04-17-2007, 04:07 PM
i tried it once, and played for couple hours, i hear a lot of people are making money with it, but it s not as easy as it seems really.
Anyway, my name there is Jeula Repine :laughout:

Panky
04-17-2007, 05:27 PM
I haven't tried it. I'm afraid if I do, I'm going to like it and want to play it constantly.

I used to play the Sims alot until my one Sim became a manic depressant and I couldn't snap her out of it no matter what I did, so I just left her die.

Panky
04-17-2007, 05:36 PM
I have always liked those simulation type of games where you're kinds looking down on cities and people and you're in control of them and their destiny. Kinda like most of the Simcity games and Command and Conquer was like that too.

I always did enjoy games like that too. Where you have to put some thought into each move. I also do enjoy games like Quake, Unreal Tournament, Diablo, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and the likes, but sim games challenge you on different levels.

lulu
04-18-2007, 04:38 PM
its true - its not as easy as it seems. have fun with it.

gabrio
04-19-2007, 03:47 AM
a friend of mine shown me that and well i have to say that it's incredible....but i wouldn't spend ages there, i already spend too much time in front of the comp!

Sarah_MaxCash
04-19-2007, 07:08 AM
through the years I have occasionally tried it and always end up getting bored

Evil Chris
04-19-2007, 11:31 AM
through the years I have occasionally tried it and always end up getting boredI'm thinking that is what will happen with me as well, but I'll give it a look anyway.

Seems the only games I enjoy (when I actually have time to play) are the PS2 golfing games I have.