PDA

View Full Version : Do You Geek?

SykkBoy
05-09-2007, 01:16 PM
I've asked this on a couple other boards, but I know the Xnationites (I dubbed that term, but not sure if it's right, hehe) are a bit different group of guys (in the good way)

I'm a hardcore movie geek.
My friends often ask me about movies because they know I often have the answers. They ask for recomendations all the time. It can be a good thing and a bad thing...good for the ego, bad when they think I've seen EVERY movie ever made.

I've written a lot of online movie reviews (even ghost written reviews for major movie websites) and contribute a lot to imdb.com.

So, what type of geek are you? What do you totally geek out on?
sports?
movies?
cars?
tv?
computers?

I know EvilChris is crazy for golf and really, I think he's seen as many movies as I have lately, hehe...

XXXPhoto
05-09-2007, 04:14 PM
I've got mild jones for movies, books and damn near any kind of puzzle... those aren't too geeky though IMO. I do have bad habit of doing origami with dollar bills and enjoy coming up with new folds... Is that geek or just a redneck with too much damn time on his hands?

TheLegacy
05-09-2007, 04:29 PM
mine is music and movies - ending with computers.

I am hoping with my new baby, that I can teach her the finer points of music and history that include appreciation of era's and how they affected us

Visualad
05-09-2007, 05:11 PM
hmm.. Since I bought the xbox 360 I gotta say Im back to being Game Geek..

Im an old C64 gamer though.. But There was a few years where I didnt play much.. Now Im addicted to some games..

Pure insanity really to waste time on that.. But oh how friggin fun it is.. ;-)

Other than that.. Does girls count? If so, Im a girl geek too.. ;-)

Mister E
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Ok, trying again he said while the crowd began to hiss, boo and gesticulate with a waning of patience....

Mobster flixxx, late 70's punk, and (he said while ducking) Sunday afternoon golf on TV.

DonMike
05-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm a big music geek. When I'm in the car and my iPod is going I'll tell stories and fun facts about every song that plays, especially if it's Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks because I'm a huge fanatic. I have a bunch of rare demos and life performances and I'll just go on and on about "oh, this is when Stevie was on the Klonopin" or "this was written about the affair that Mick and Stevie had when he was still married" and stuff like that.

SykkBoy
05-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm a big music geek. When I'm in the car and my iPod is going I'll tell stories and fun facts about every song that plays, especially if it's Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks because I'm a huge fanatic. I have a bunch of rare demos and life performances and I'll just go on and on about "oh, this is when Stevie was on the Klonopin" or "this was written about the affair that Mick and Stevie had when he was still married" and stuff like that.

Cool
I'm like that with movies.

I'm a minor music geek as well.

XXXPhoto
05-10-2007, 05:58 PM
... and (he said while ducking) Sunday afternoon golf on TV.

Don't feel bad... I've even watched the Sat morn fishing shows and (shudder) Tooltime Al's 'Internet Toolkit' shill years ago... lol

Janell
05-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I scrapbook does that make me a Martha geek?

SykkBoy
05-14-2007, 01:02 PM
I scrapbook does that make me a Martha geek?

I believe so....but only if you say "it's a good thing..." about 10 times while scrapbooking ;-)

Cyndalie
05-15-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm a SciFi Geek :)

Way3
05-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Computers and 80's movies geek!

12clicks
05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm a wine geek.

Funbrunette
05-15-2007, 11:09 AM
This may freak you guys out but I'm a huge geek when it comes to anything to do with serial killers, true crimes. I've actually studied COMPLETE cases. I own some pretty gruesome books and I'm always looking for new one's. I guess I missed my calling I should of been a criminalist or a shrink that works with these troubled souls.

Oh and I loooooooooooove shoes! :geez:

SykkBoy
05-15-2007, 11:23 AM
This may freak you guys out but I'm a huge geek when it comes to anything to do with serial killers, true crimes. I've actually studied COMPLETE cases. I own some pretty gruesome books and I'm always looking for new one's. I guess I missed my calling I should of been a criminalist or a shrink that works with these troubled souls.

I'd highly recomend the book "Deviant" if you haven't read it already. It's a pretty detailed biography of Ed Gein.

12clicks
05-15-2007, 01:35 PM

I only ever buy shoes I can wear on my shoulders. ;)

Evil Chris
05-15-2007, 02:10 PM
True I have become a bit of a golf geek in recent years. I don't know why, but about 4 years ago I decided to truly take the game up in a serious way and it's been very rewarding. My game continues to improve and I surprise myself quite often after adding up my final scores.

I'm not as big a movie fan as Sykk (I'm sure not many are), and if I ever have any questions regarding the Asian slasher genre, I know who to ask. ;)

I'm a big fan of comedy over all else I think. I laugh at a lot of the stuff that many people don't get, or even come close to getting. In your face obscene filth ridden comedy is good, but it's the sarcastic parodies that I like the most. I like most everything in comedy unless it tries too hard to be funny.

SykkBoy
05-15-2007, 03:06 PM
True I have become a bit of a golf geek in recent years. I don't know why, but about 4 years ago I decided to truly take the game up in a serious way and it's been very rewarding. My game continues to improve and I surprise myself quite often after adding up my final scores.

I'm not as big a movie fan as Sykk (I'm sure not many are), and if I ever have any questions regarding the Asian slasher genre, I know who to ask. ;)

I'm a big fan of comedy over all else I think. I laugh at a lot of the stuff that many people don't get, or even come close to getting. In your face obscene filth ridden comedy is good, but it's the sarcastic parodies that I like the most. I like most everything in comedy unless it tries too hard to be funny.

My movie tastes run across all genres, but horror and comedy are my favorite. I can watch an artsy fartsy movie like Gummo and then toss Dumb and Dumber into the DVD player and not even skip a beat. I own stupid comedies on DVD like Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector and have it sitting on the shelf right next to my Indiana Jones boxset...hehe

Mish
05-16-2007, 03:04 PM
I often get calls during the day asking "what movie....?"... same thing with music "who sings the song about the...?"

My husband calls me a freak because I can be in the other room... hear only background music... NO dialogue... and still know what movie he is watching.

He is actually the same way on both counts... no one EVER wants to play any board games with us... or at least not with us on the same team anyway. LOL

SykkBoy
05-16-2007, 04:20 PM
I often get calls during the day asking "what movie....?"... same thing with music "who sings the song about the...?"

My husband calls me a freak because I can be in the other room... hear only background music... NO dialogue... and still know what movie he is watching.

He is actually the same way on both counts... no one EVER wants to play any board games with us... or at least not with us on the same team anyway. LOL
yeah, no one ever wants to play Scene It with me anymore...

Mish
05-16-2007, 04:31 PM
yeah, no one ever wants to play Scene It with me anymore...

Don't feel bad... they're simply intimidated by us. :worthy:

StaceyJo
05-17-2007, 08:39 AM
movies and music... and a bookworm too, i guess this will make me geek somehow... hahah

TheEnforcer
05-17-2007, 04:15 PM
I geek on pro wrestling, sci-fi and fantasy books, tv, and movies.

TheEnforcer
05-17-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm a SciFi Geek :)

Marry me? :love: