PDA

View Full Version : Now that gas costs more than good beer

Janell
05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
I would like to switch to an alternate miller or old milwaukee fueling for my car. 50 bucks to fill my CAR. Note the emphasis on car not SUV, van or bus.

Evil Chris
05-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Consider yourself fortunate to be living where you are.
Europeans were paying that amount in 1990 and pay a whole lot more than we do now.

Any Europeans care to chime in on what gas costs at the moment where you are? My guess is that it is over 1 Euro per litre. (that's LITRE)

Janell
05-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Europeans were paying that amount in 1990 and pay a whole lot more than we do now.

Any Europeans care to chime in on what gas costs at the moment where you are? My guess is that it is over 1 Euro per litre. (that's LITRE)
Im a chick I can't help but complain. lol I complain about stopping, pumping and paying for the entire process. I lived in England for 6 months to which I learned a valuable "measuring" lesson. A liter is very very small compared to a gallon.

SykkBoy
05-16-2007, 11:57 AM

Yeah, but luckily they seem to have a pretty good public transportation system....most American cities are dreadful on that front.

Mish
05-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah, but luckily they seem to have a pretty good public transportation system....most American cities are dreadful on that front.

That's what I was thinking... the cost of gas is probably proportionate to the number of people who own vehicles... European countries are far better equipped with public transportation then most American cities... I have no way BUT a car to get to work.... $45 this morning, fyi... and yes, CAR... not SUV.... :mad:

student4ever
05-16-2007, 07:12 PM
yeah, I learned to not gripe about gas prices the last time they went over $3/gal... all my buddies in the UK and Oz chimmed in to let me know how good we still have it. Right now, I'm pretty thrilled to find it under $3.40/gal :geez: