PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you won the lotto big time?

Janell
05-23-2007, 01:35 PM
We are talking like netting 50 million.... I personally would buy a huge house along with someone to clean it. I'm not into cars all that much but I would travel for months at a time. I would also have the largest collection of scrapbooking supplies on the planet.

What would you do?

TheLegacy
05-23-2007, 01:37 PM
still stay in the adult business - but pay off bills and put a nice addition to the house, like 100 acres and horses. I would then break the rest up into investments for future and kids - retirement. throw one huge webmaster party by flying everyone in that have stuck by me for all these years.

Funbrunette
05-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Move somewhere HOT, buy a boat and pay off all the debts my family may have. Then I would start my own business and travel around the world!

Platinum Chris
05-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Pay off my debt, buy a nice car, fix up my two Jeeps and buy a nice house with a large property plot.

I'd still work in one way or another

gabrio
05-23-2007, 05:18 PM
i can see that travels is one of the top ones...of course for me too! TRAVEL all the time, fly my friends with me, hell i would make them have a great time, i love paying drinks and stuff for my buddies (in small) then i think that i would open a restaurant which is one of the things i'd love doing the most but it takes lots of investments, then maybe get myself all the kind of possible LENS nikon does ;-)

Panky
05-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Keep my mouth shut.
I would not be interviewed, do public appearances, or make it known to the public that I was the winner. My immediate family would know, but not my extended family or friends. Should someone in my extended family fall on hard times and they were actually making an effort to get out of financial trouble, money would be given to them, but indirectly or within reasonable amounts that wouldn't tip them off to my extreme wealth. Same goes for friends.

Make sure my family was taken care of.
I would create separate accounts for each member, (parents, brother, and nephew), and then fund it. They would have a limit as to how much could be withdrawn per day or month or have a yearly maximum. If someone were to become ill, I would see to it that they would never have to worry about medical bills or prescription costs. Instead they could focus on getting better. For my little nephew, he would have an account in his name that was not accessible until he reached a certain age. He would not know of the account prior to reaching the predetermined age. I would pay his student loans only after he graduated or had a very good reason for quitting his schooling.

Pay all debts.

Invest some of the money in various investment options.

Tuck some of the money away in various accounts and let it sit there and earn interest for future use.

Build or purchase a beautiful home, but not a lavish mansion.
I don't want to openly advertise my extreme wealth. If I have children, I would prefer not to have to implant a GPS tracking system to find them in the house. The home would be equipped with cool toys and have really cool rooms, but not anything where I would need a map to find my way around. (I would consider purchasing a castle though because I just think they are wickedly cool. ;) ) I would like to be out in the country, lots of land, and have my own farm or ranch for animals.

Open an animal sanctuary.

Travel & Explore.

Make anonymous donations to causes, organizations, and charities that I feel are legit and actually do what they advertise.

Spend as much time as humanly possible with my family and friends.

student4ever
05-23-2007, 07:42 PM
1) quit the day job...

2) pay off the house and cars...

3) fully fund the kids college educations...

4) put the rest in an interest bearing account someplace to live off the interest for a while so I didn't make any rash decisions about what to do with the money.

5) spend a whole lot of time with my kids until they are totally sick of me! :laughout:

6) finally have time to finish my friggn paysite! :laughout: :laughout: :scram:

painful
05-23-2007, 08:33 PM
[quote=Panky;124300]
Keep my mouth shut.
I would not be interviewed, do public appearances, or make it known to the public that I was the winner. My immediate family would know, but not my extended family or friends. Should someone in my extended family fall on hard times and they were actually making an effort to get out of financial trouble, money would be given to them, but indirectly or within reasonable amounts that wouldn't tip them off to my extreme wealth. Same goes for friends.

Unfortunately, they MAKE you make the appearances, that's one of the stipulations.

painful
05-23-2007, 08:37 PM
I would get out of the military (duh) and move to California, not in a huge house, just something near the ocean and away from wildfires. I would invest most of the rest then, except for the Porsche, Lamborghini, Bently and Ferraris. Oh yeah, and an H1 hummer to pull my Quads. Oh, and I gotta get quads.

I would start a corporation too, other than the one I have. I don't care what it is, as long as I make more money than I do now, because who knows how long $50 mil will last.

Cyndalie
05-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Buy a nice home - nothing crazy, get a new car for me and my man and a mid size SUV. Restore my husbands 69 Firebird.

From there, I'd like to travel a bit - go to my cousins wedding in Italy this fall that I cant afford to attend right now. See if my family needs anything. I wouldn't quit my job, I love what I do, but I may work a little less and train an assistant to help with the legwork.

Then I'd look into fertility treatments and options to starting a family.

Evil Chris
05-24-2007, 10:24 AM
In a case like that, I would take care of my entire family and even a few close friends. I would remove them all of any debt they might have, pay off their mortgages for them, and send them all on a nice holiday.

Then I'd get a little place of our own with a big yard and lots of trees.

lulu
05-24-2007, 10:27 AM
in this order: pay off my parents house, put money aside for them, pay off my debts, start trust funds for all my nieces and nephews, give sweetums a wack of cash, travel, buy 3 properties in 3 different locations.

Evil Chris
05-24-2007, 10:51 AM
lulu... apparently you are a believer in that old saying "good things come in 3's"

:)

Janell
05-24-2007, 12:54 PM
lulu... apparently you are a believer in that old saying "good things come in 3's"

:)
Well Chris threesomes as Martha would say "It's a good thing." :laughout:

Casa Nova
05-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Id buy a nice house somewhere Nothing overwhelming since it's just myself, pay off all the debts my father has and hook him up with a house. Then the rest I'd invest into starting another adult business aswell as a clothing store or something downtown Toronto.

Virgule3
05-24-2007, 05:46 PM
- I would definately quit my day job even though my boss would beg me not to!

- I'd pay off my house and do some work on it but nothing extravagant. It's the family house so I wanna keep it pretty much the way it is.

- I'd definately take care of my family and a few close friends (Angelique, Nicolas...)

- I'd open an animal shelter too. A great one...

That's it...

Sophie.