PDA

View Full Version : Love is happiness?

Casa Nova
05-25-2007, 01:38 PM
After reading evil chris' post about life, it reminded me of something i wrote a few months ago, and felt like sharing it... feel free to debate my conclusions in your replies:

Happiness is a weird thing.. it can come suddenly out of no where.. but go just as fast. The reasons it comes can be anything, the smallest of things can make a person happy like a beautiful day with the sunshining, or it can be an absolutely amazing thing like a new beautiful baby boy. One thing that all people rely there happiness upon though, is love.

Love can bring a person to the highest of highs, an unattainable happiness reached by that of nothing else. The love for your family, the love for your friends, the love of your life. These are all things that our happiness depends on, no matter what our age. The things we love make us happy, and the people we share that happiness with make us love. They are two things that walk hand in hand, they will never stray far from eachother, or is it more of all emotions and love that are a closer pair? Sure love can bring us happiness, but also great dispair. I wont get into that though.

The happier we are the more we love, and the more we love, the happier we will all be. When we love ourselves and everything around us we can become happy from almost anything, the smell of fresh cookies coming out of the oven, the smile your wife got when you heard the first cries of your newborn baby, your first kiss, gifts on christmas morning, even the thought of waking up to see the person you love everyday. Anything can make you Happy when you're in love. So what exactly is Happiness.... its love.

Love can drive us to do almost anything, but the most important thing it drives us to do, is to change. It helps us become a better person, it sets our goals, it can change our values & it gives us the drive to succeed. Ultimately if you think about it, its why we do everything in our life. We go to university/college so we can make something of ourselves, make good money and live comfortably, right? Now what you have to think about is why exactly do you want all that? After searching and digging down a bit, you'll come to find that the ultimate reason is so you can provide your family and the ones you love with a better, more comfortable life then you've had. You may not even have met the person you are going to marry yet, but still you are already living for them.

It truly is amazing what love can do. So amazing in fact that it provides a strong case in its higher importance in our lives.

There are only four questions of value in life. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love.

It is the one thing that we can truly count on in life, wether it comes when you're 20 or when your 50... it will come. Everyone loves someone else... it is garaunteed. We are so stuck upon that fact, that even as children we mock and practice the act of it, pretending we are in love in the school playgrounds with our little crushes, kissing eachothers cheeks, holding hands, telling eachother 'I love you' without ever fully knowing the true meaning.

..To me Love is purpose.... it gives us something to strive for, something to better ourselves for. Love is everything that is important in life.

To live is to love and if you have not loved, you certainly have not lived.

TheLegacy
05-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Love is not a feeling, its an act of the will.

3am when my wife is throwing up from morning sickness I dont really 'feel' love at that moment, but love is what gets me up to help her.

happiness and humility is having a thankful heart

realizing that where you are today is because of the kindness and help of others, even the negative ones. You begin to appreciate those around you now, even those that cause you trouble.

Funbrunette
05-25-2007, 02:42 PM
After reading evil chris' post about life, it reminded me of something i wrote a few months ago, and felt like sharing it... feel free to debate my conclusions in your replies:

Happiness is a weird thing.. it can come suddenly out of no where.. but go just as fast. The reasons it comes can be anything, the smallest of things can make a person happy like a beautiful day with the sunshining, or it can be an absolutely amazing thing like a new beautiful baby boy. One thing that all people rely there happiness upon though, is love.

Love can bring a person to the highest of highs, an unattainable happiness reached by that of nothing else. The love for your family, the love for your friends, the love of your life. These are all things that our happiness depends on, no matter what our age. The things we love make us happy, and the people we share that happiness with make us love. They are two things that walk hand in hand, they will never stray far from eachother, or is it more of all emotions and love that are a closer pair? Sure love can bring us happiness, but also great dispair. I wont get into that though.

The happier we are the more we love, and the more we love, the happier we will all be. When we love ourselves and everything around us we can become happy from almost anything, the smell of fresh cookies coming out of the oven, the smile your wife got when you heard the first cries of your newborn baby, your first kiss, gifts on christmas morning, even the thought of waking up to see the person you love everyday. Anything can make you Happy when you're in love. So what exactly is Happiness.... its love.

Love can drive us to do almost anything, but the most important thing it drives us to do, is to change. It helps us become a better person, it sets our goals, it can change our values & it gives us the drive to succeed. Ultimately if you think about it, its why we do everything in our life. We go to university/college so we can make something of ourselves, make good money and live comfortably, right? Now what you have to think about is why exactly do you want all that? After searching and digging down a bit, you'll come to find that the ultimate reason is so you can provide your family and the ones you love with a better, more comfortable life then you've had. You may not even have met the person you are going to marry yet, but still you are already living for them.

It truly is amazing what love can do. So amazing in fact that it provides a strong case in its higher importance in our lives.

There are only four questions of value in life. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love.

It is the one thing that we can truly count on in life, wether it comes when you're 20 or when your 50... it will come. Everyone loves someone else... it is garaunteed. We are so stuck upon that fact, that even as children we mock and practice the act of it, pretending we are in love in the school playgrounds with our little crushes, kissing eachothers cheeks, holding hands, telling eachother 'I love you' without ever fully knowing the true meaning.

..To me Love is purpose.... it gives us something to strive for, something to better ourselves for. Love is everything that is important in life.

To live is to love and if you have not loved, you certainly have not lived.

Very well written straight from the heart...I can tell. Thanks for sharing :)