PDA

View Full Version : Are you the Jealous type?

Visualad
05-25-2007, 08:02 PM
In the past I was SUPER jealous.. Wanted to know who my partner talked to on the phone etc..

That has gotten better over the years.. I now trust a girl until she gives me a reason not too.

But I see so many go through it.. Couples bitching and fighting over what their partner is doing and with whom.. Etc..

Are you the jealous type? do you need to know who your girlfriend/boyfriend hangs out with, etc?

student4ever
05-25-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm not jealous unless given a reason. It's tough sometimes since both my wife and I are natural flirts. There have been some instances where somebody got the wrong idea and things started to go too far and she could not get things under control fast enough. One guy nearly got his arm twisted off and another had finger issues for a few weeks... Yes, they got verbal warnings from me first.

As for who she talks to or where she is, that's never been an issue for me.

SilvercashJeanette
05-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Eh, I like to know where my boyfriend is, but it doesn't have anything to do with jealousy. It's more for my peace of mind to know that he's safe. I can be jealous if he flirts too much or something, but it's not usually a big issue because I don't think he would ever cheat on me or anything. I trust him completely. He hasn't given me a reason not to and I don't believe he ever will, which is great :)

Funbrunette
05-25-2007, 11:00 PM
I would say 98% not jealous...I take it as a compliment if another woman (or man, if you include 12 clicks) checks out my husband. I've never really been the jealous type I guess...It's a combination of trust and being secure about myself...if it makes sense. Jealousy is an ugly thing and is always a recipe for disaster.

Jealousy is an emotion, and like anger, can be good or bad. I don't think anyone is immune from either jealousy or envy. I am not saying people are wrong for having them or that they should be suppressed, but should be dealt with before trouble rears it's ugly head.

"Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point- that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative- self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it's a mistake or luck. Take your eyes off others and turn the scanner within. Find the seeds of your jealousy, clear the old voices and experiences. Put all the energy into building your personal and emotional security. Then you will be the one others envy, and you can remember the pain and reach out to them." ~Jennifer James

Panky
05-26-2007, 01:32 AM
I have my faults, but jealousy is not one of them.

TheEnforcer
05-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Not even remotely the jealous type.

TheLegacy
05-26-2007, 12:49 PM
dude - I would never have gotten married if I didn't trust my wife. any doubt and I would have waited or not considered it. if you are looking at someone and cant figure out if its you or them - take time off from dating and work it out. there are times we project our own infidelity onto someone else instead of blaming ourselves, while other times we simply aren't secure enough to even trust another human being.

If it is really your spidey senses tingling then why the hell would you even consider staying around?

trust is the foundation not necessarily love to any long lasting - complete - and satisfying marriage.

Jimmidean
05-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Not really but I do have my moments.
I will say as my wife is very friendly and social a few have tried to take it a little to far.
Usually my wife can handle herself and when she can't I step in.

SykkBoy
05-29-2007, 02:15 PM
I've never been the jealous type...I guess I ust lack the jealousy chromosome...I was dating a gal for awhile who felt that if I didn't act jealous that I didn't care about her...I just don't understand that line of thinking...

Cyndalie
05-29-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm not jealous, but I don't like feeling left out or lied to. Just be open, honest, up front, and you'll get what you want.

student4ever
05-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Just be open, honest, up front, and you'll get what you want.that's usually how I get myself in trouble... :laughout:

Janell
05-29-2007, 03:46 PM
I only get jealous when I have to share my favorite "toys."