PDA

View Full Version : Phone & company Reccomendations

Casa Nova
05-27-2007, 05:08 PM
So I'm looking for a new phone, aswell as a new company to deal with here in toronto. I'm pretty much looking at getting the motorola Q or a treo... not to sure yet, I may change my mind. What I'm really stuck on is which company to go under, because since I'll be making alot of out of country calls I need something that won't rape me on long distance. So far I've only found Telus with a north american plan, & even that doesnt allow unlimited canada and U.S. calling the most they have i think is 1600 minutes anywhere in North america and that is like $300/month. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Terrence
05-27-2007, 05:11 PM
So I'm looking for a new phone, aswell as a new company to deal with here in toronto. I'm pretty much looking at getting the motorola Q or a treo... not to sure yet, I may change my mind. What I'm really stuck on is which company to go under, because since I'll be making alot of out of country calls I need something that won't rape me on long distance. So far I've only found Telus with a north american plan, & even that doesnt allow unlimited canada and U.S. calling the most they have i think is 1600 minutes anywhere in North america and that is like $300/month. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Give fido a look I travel quite a bit and my bills are decent you guys have T-Mobile in Canada?

Casa Nova
05-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Give fido a look I travel quite a bit and my bills are decent you guys have T-Mobile in Canada?

O yeh i forgot about fido, I'll give them a look today. As for Tmobile, here it is known as Rogers, it's the sister company.

Panky
05-27-2007, 10:57 PM
If you don't have to use a cell and have cable, look into a company called Broadvox Direct. Canada and US calls are free. International rates are cheap.

born2blog
05-28-2007, 02:13 AM
I recently switched from Telus to Fido for my cell phone company. Telus has really f*cked up rates and I finally got fed up and switched to a company that only charges by the second. With Telus, if you talk for 5 seconds you're billed for an entire minute. So, say for example you call someone, get the answering machine, decide not to leave a message you just lost a dollar, f*ck that!!

Casa Nova
05-28-2007, 03:32 AM
I recently switched from Telus to Fido for my cell phone company. Telus has really f*cked up rates and I finally got fed up and switched to a company that only charges by the second. With Telus, if you talk for 5 seconds you're billed for an entire minute. So, say for example you call someone, get the answering machine, decide not to leave a message you just lost a dollar, f*ck that!!

Which plan were you on? I'm thinking about going on there North American Plan. Probably there $100-150 one. I think most the companies charge by minute and fido does it by second, with a 30 second minimum. I looked at fido though after it was mentioned earlier and they have no long distance plans.

Funbrunette
05-28-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm happy with Fido, but Chris seems to think our bills are too stiff (I made calls from Cuba and Dominican Republic!!!) If you're only calling in the US you should be able to secure yourself a decent package.

On this note I'm in love with the new Strawberry Chocolate phone....It's so cute! That's all it is I'm probably get bored of it after 2 months...Still it's fun to look at!

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.luxist.com/media/2007/02/strawberry-chocolatephone.jpg