PDA

View Full Version : Now if only this is legit...

MediaGuy
05-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Yabbadabba!

I certainly hope this is true:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18955115/site/newsweek/

This guy apparently is so proficient a spammer that his arrest and interruption will actually be apparent in our daily spam regimen...

I really hope that's the case though I find it doubtful... I have so much of that crap in even unpublished email addresses that I find it really hard to believe one spammer can be so ... "productive".

We should keep tabs or something and report on it... lol

Panky
05-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Would be nice. :) So far, my spam hasn't dropped yet, but I'm not giving up hope! LOL!

Virgule3
05-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Ha! Funny... When I got home, I had more spam in my Hotmail box than usual... lol!!!

Sophie.

Evil Chris
05-31-2007, 02:34 PM
Poor guy got nailed. And he had a good thing going too. Oh well. :)

Feynman
06-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Poor guy got nailed. And he had a good thing going too. Oh well. :)

When you pay for internet bandwidth and transfer and someone else uses it for his own commercial purposes, it's theft. Period. No other definition fits.

When you cause perceived bad reputations because spam is sent from your machine, it's seriously prosecutable nuisance. Period.

The distinction between internet and meatspace spam is that spam is sent at the carrier and recipient and victim's expense. That abuse of ressource is theft.

No matter how you try to rationalize spam, spam use ressources paid for by someone else than the beneficiary. Thus, no matter how you rationalize it, it is theft. Like leeches suck blood, spammers suck bandwidth.

I want him scourged and impaled !

DEATH TO SPAMMERS ! :skull: :skull: :skull:

Way3
06-01-2007, 10:13 PM
One down and a few hundred more to go! It's a good start though!!!

Jimmidean
06-04-2007, 07:29 PM
But then I will have no mail to start my day.