PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Dollar Jumps to 30 year high!

Casa Nova
06-04-2007, 02:51 PM
SO today the Canadian Dollar jumped to a high of 94.59 U.S. cents, and economists are predicting that by as early as next year that it will be trading at par with the US Dollar. What are your views on this as a canadian, and or an American. Do you think it's going to start affecting your income dramatically since most paysites solely charge in American currency? Or do you beleive that it won't really effect you in any way.

Time for your views!!

sharky
06-04-2007, 03:00 PM
The US economy right now is struggling as we spend so much money on the wars on Terror and in Iraq. We are all suffering here. I never thought I would be one to cut back on driving, or look to sell my SUV because of gas prices, but I am. I never thought I'd argue with my wife over excessive driving or spending, but I am. I'm on a tight budget as prices keep going up. NO more weekly sushi for me.. It's now once a month.

Platinum Chris
06-04-2007, 03:11 PM
In many ways, its bad for Canada. In general, we're going to take a big hit in the job market when American companies start pulling out since it is no longer cost effective to continue operating up North.

Also, since there are quite a few affiliate programs that operate in Canada as well, its begins to become a big hit in $ revenue by losing the high exchange rates.

For webmasters, it depends on where in the world they are. If they're US based, then nothing really changes except the purchase power of the $. Elsewhere, it affects the total revenue gain from the exchange rates.

Vid Vicious
06-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Blame Bush ...

Evil Chris
06-05-2007, 10:04 AM
It sucks and I hate it.

TheLegacy
06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
canada is not going to sit by and allow that to happen. we loose more in exports with a higher dollar simply because american companies save coming to canada because our dollar was so low. if its now even - they'll go elsewhere to find the goods. so we loose out. canada will change it and drop the dollar back down again - but it sucks - I enjoy the difference is my paycheck and if it comes to it, I'll have to ask for a raise just to keep par.

Jimmidean
06-07-2007, 07:58 PM
The last time this happened we simply changed our pricing structure.
Looks like it is time to do it again.

She Devil
06-08-2007, 05:12 PM
The Canadian dollar isn't going up, but the US dollar is dropping. There's already being reposts of a few thousand people loosing their jobs over it. Like Jimmi said, Canada is going to have to change the pricing structure... if I'm right it mostly means higher interest rates and such.

For Rob and I it bites. I'm not going to get into it, but I am really hoping that the US dollar goes up.

EmporerEJ
06-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Works for me.....
Makes our product more affordable for Canadians.