PDA

View Full Version : Paris Hilton Out of Jail

Stephane76
06-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Spokesman Steve Whitmore of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department made the announcement at a hastily called news conference early Thursday morning outside the Century Regional Detention Facility to answer reporters' questions about the famous inmate.
Hilton left the jail shortly after midnight and was "reassigned" to the home confinement as opposed to the Los Angeles County Jail.

Whitmore said a medical situation played a part in the decision to have Hilton confined to her home, but added that privacy regulations prohibitted him from going into more detail about the specifics of the condition.

Hilton had been set to spend 3 weeks in jail as part of a reduction from her original sentence.

As part of her agreement, she will spend 40 more days in confinement at her home, taking the time she spends in custody back up the sentence originally handed down by the court.

Whitmore said the judge who handed down the original sentence had been consulted about the changes to her incarceration.

Hilton checked into the facility Sunday night to begin serving a more than three-week sentence for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.

The 26-year-old hotel heiress surrendered to authorities with little fanfare after a surprise appearance earlier that day at the MTV Movie Awards, where she worked the red carpet in a strapless designer gown.

She was held in a special unit where she was spending 23 hours a day in a solitary cell, her lawyer said.

After she checked in, sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said Hilton's demeanor was helpful.

"She was focused; she was cooperative," he said.

Hilton's lawyer, Richard Hutton, said Monday after his client's first night in jail that she was doing well under the circumstances.

The star of "The Simple Life" reality TV show pleaded no contest to a reckless-driving charge in January and was sentenced to 36 months' probation. When she was later pulled over by the California Highway Patrol, Hilton was told that she was driving on a suspended license and signed a document acknowledging she was not to drive. She was then pulled over by sheriff's deputies on Feb. 27 and charged with violating probation.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=entertainment&id=5374167

MONEY BUYS EVERYTHING!!!

Funbrunette
06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Fucking ridiculous! :geez:

Evil Chris
06-07-2007, 11:42 AM
What did she do? 3 days?
What kind of message does that send to young people?

Funbrunette
06-07-2007, 11:47 AM
What did she do? 3 days?
What kind of message does that send to young people?

If you're Paris Hilton you can do anything you want without any consequences! :laughout: It's ok to drink and drive...It's HOT! Don't wear panties and sleep around with as many guys as you want and DON'T protect yourself, you can always get an abortion or treat the SDT :laughout:

Quagmire
06-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Wow, they ran out of people to bang her in jail that quickly?

student4ever
06-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Wow, they ran out of people to bang her in jail that quickly?
no, turns out nobody would actually touch her... in reality, it only took the guards 3 days to be driven out of their minds by her constant 'look at me' attitude. After that, they petitioned the court to get her the hell out of there or they would all put in for reassignment to a location more tolerable, like some maximum security, high risk facility...

40 days of home confinement... that will teach her! I'm sure she will learn a lesson from that. :viking:

Casa Nova
06-07-2007, 02:12 PM
This is the most ridiculous thing ever! If it was a poor mexican, or black kid from harlem, They would be locked up and had hte key thrown away! It isn't like its some petty shit she did! It's a DUI she could've killed someone.. The US is so damn corrupt. I can't beleive americans can sit around and not join together to fight stupid shit like this. Go petition or something. Just goes to show that rich people can do as they please.

student4ever
06-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Go petition or something.oh, there was a petition going around when the sentence was passed... of course, the petition was trying to make it so she would not have to do any time at all... :bonk:

Quagmire
06-07-2007, 02:34 PM
40 days of home confinement... that will teach her! I'm sure she will learn a lesson from that. :viking:

The sad thing about this, is we all know it would instantly turn in to a reality series. I wish someone would teach her how to read a clock so she would realize her 15 minutes of fame are up.

Panky
06-07-2007, 04:19 PM
She should've just sucked it up and did her time. Sure, she was in solitary bored out of her mind, but really. What? Her cell phone didn't get reception inside the cell? It's only 3 weeks. Read books, watch TV, write something, review scripts for a new reality show, paint her nails, draw pictures on the walls, ... She was in a County jail, not Federal prison. I'm sure they would've allowed her some simple pleasures. The only reason she was in solitary was for her protection. If she was in general population, I could see her bitching. Everyone loves to hate on Martha Stuart, but at least she sucked it up and served her time.

Way3
06-07-2007, 04:41 PM
What a joke!!!!! A complete mockery of our judicial system in action! :geez: