PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities endorsing beer..?

Casa Nova
06-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Has anyone seen that new Budweiser commercial that has the voice over of George Clooney?! I never thought I'd see the day a celebrity would endorse an alcohol unless they were dead (90's Elvis beer commercial can't recall the brand). I guess they'll do anything for money, but I just thought it would somewhat hurt there rep, but I haven't really heard any rumblings yet so I guess not. But on that note, after hearing George Clooney endorsing Budweiser I did feel slightly cooler & slick when I picked up mine and took a sip.:laughout:

student4ever
06-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I have not seen the Clooney ad, but is that really any different from Cedrick doing the Bud Light ads for a while? Clooney may functionally be a bigger name, but Cedrick is no slouch in the industry and may actually work more.

Panky
06-08-2007, 04:13 PM
I don't have an issue with celebrities endorsing beer. Alcohol is not an illegal product. There are a rainbow of vices that get advertised directly or indirectly through commercials, TV, and the big screen. A person doesn't become an alcoholic, get arrested for DUI, public drunkeness, or other alcohol related issues because he/she saw their favorite actor or actress endorse the product.

student4ever
06-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey, Paris Hilton could be a great celebrity to endorse alcohol!

When I go out partying, looking for my next DUI and a bit more jail time, I make sure I've only been drinking [choose vendor name]...

:laughout: :laughout:

Platinum Chris
06-08-2007, 04:35 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

Does the people from Cheers count?

Strickie
06-08-2007, 04:35 PM
I believe Jaime Foxx did a few commercials for Coors Light, but you're right there's not many.

Evil Chris
06-08-2007, 04:43 PM
I bet if we could go back to the 60s and 70s, we would find a lot of celebs endorsing alcohol.

Many of them endorsed cigarettes back in the 50s and 60s!

She Devil
06-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I don't care who's endorsing it as long as I get my cheap thrills watching wet taa taa's bounce!

Casa Nova
06-08-2007, 05:38 PM
I don't care who's endorsing it as long as I get my cheap thrills watching wet taa taa's bounce!

I like that observation lol Beer commercials areamusing, especially during superbowl lol.. Long live the beer commercial.... which by the way the best one ever was the I AM Canadian promotion.

student4ever
06-08-2007, 05:47 PM

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Cyndalie
06-12-2007, 09:08 AM
So I take it Paris Hilton will not be doing any Alcohol related commercials any time soon.