PDA

View Full Version : Attention parents... toy recall

LAJ
06-14-2007, 10:21 AM
I know there's a few parents with young kids on this board and I wanted to make you aware of a recall that is not getting any media attention thus far. The recall is for a number of Thomas The Train Wooden Railway items. These items contain lead paint. If you want a copy of the email, recall list and the replacement request form for all the recalled parts, please email me at jay at ynot dot com. My three your old kid has 9 of these items and I am pretty fucking pissed. "hey buddy, sorry, I know it's your favorite engine but I gotta take it away from you for your own good." I just don't understand how this can happen in this day and age.

http://rc2corp.com/company/recalls_Wood_0607.asp (chances are the site is down due to traffic overload)

Evil Chris
06-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks Jay, I don't know how else I would have found out about this.
I've had to remove about half a dozen items from Ryan's Thomas table.

LAJ
06-14-2007, 10:44 AM
SUCKS!!!

By and large if it's got bright red or bright yellow paint, it's on the list. Like nearly 25 items total.

Evil Chris
06-14-2007, 11:11 AM
How many do you have to return?
I wonder if they will replace with the same articles or not.

Ryan likes his James #5 engine.

student4ever
06-14-2007, 12:14 PM
I just don't understand how this can happen in this day and age. unfortunately, I think it's 'this day and age' that makes it even more possible for it to happen. Manufacturers constantly look for the cheapest way to manufacture their products and don't always ask all the questions they should (or even want answers). When something gets outsourced to a third world country where workers are getting paid pennies per day and some materials are cheaper than others... many big companies say yes to profits before they say yes to ethics.

As consumers, we often don't get a chance to find things like this out until well after the fact - if we find out at all...

I.M.Shane
06-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Jay,
Thanks so much for posting this! I saw it on the Evening News the other night but they were so quick about it I never got a chance to review the toys that are on recall.

Way3
06-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Glad I saw this! I was about to get some of the Trains for my daughter! She loved them at the library! Thanks for passing this information along!

LAJ
06-14-2007, 08:40 PM
My pleasure, folks.

We had 10 items actually :(.. James, james coal, skarloey, line caboose, musical caboose, mail car, coal car, 2006 day out car, stop sign, RR sign,

Panky
06-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks Jay! My little 3 year old nephew is into all the Thomas toys. He has a lot of toys, so I'm sure he probably has at least one item on the list.

Evil Chris
06-14-2007, 11:04 PM
They seem to have brought this recall themselves based on their own studies which is good. Not attempting to hide anything.