PDA

View Full Version : Here's a sponsor that pays u to show yer tits!

Mister E
06-18-2007, 04:33 PM
This from CNN...

NEW YORK (AP) -- A woman arrested for exposing her breasts has accepted a $29,000 settlement from the city, her lawyer said.
Jill Coccaro, 27, was arrested on a topless stroll two years ago, despite a 1992 state appeals court ruling that concluded women should have the same right as men to take off their shirts.
Coccaro, who now goes by the name Phoenix Feeley, remained in custody for 12 hours before she was told prosecutors were not going to pursue charges.
Her attorney, Jeffrey Rothman, told the Daily News that his client won the civil rights settlement from the city, which did not admit or deny wrongdoing.
"We hope the police learn a lesson and respect the rights of women to go topless," Rothman said.
Feeley told the New York Post that she was not treated well after her August 4, 2005, arrest in Manhattan's Lower East Side section. She claimed in an October lawsuit that a police officer yanked her out of a patrol car by her hair and police took her to a hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.
She told the newspaper she had gone bare-breasted after running the 2004 city marathon without police bothering her.
"I've always just felt that was something natural," Feeley said of going topless. "I've kind of always done it out of practicality."

Platinum Chris
06-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Americans. So behind the times. Torontonian females are free to walk the streets topless.

student4ever
06-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Americans. So behind the times. Torontonian females are free to walk the streets topless.
I've heard that, but do they really?

only been to Toronto once and considering the high while I was there was like 4°, I didn't expect to see anything like that :laughout:

thruma
06-18-2007, 11:34 PM
I've heard that, but do they really?

only been to Toronto once and considering the high while I was there was like 4°, I didn't expect to see anything like that :laughout:

I used to live there and I never saw them doing that on a regular day walking down the street.

In a park sitting around relaxing though I saw one or two a few times.
And of course Gay pride day you see all sorts of topless women.
Mind you there are a few bare bottomed men walking around too on pride day.

TheLegacy
06-19-2007, 09:14 AM
well folks, have to say - I have seen girls walking around topless in toronto - mind you some of them were fat and really needed to wrap themselves up if the men had anything to say. but god love them anyways for setting an example for the rest. we do have several nude beaches and resorts around here, but hookers are not allowed to because your not allowed to be topless for the purposes of soliciting

Evil Chris
06-19-2007, 09:17 AM
hahaha.... Canada is so liberal. I love it.
Scares the hell out of Republicans. :)

Cyndalie
06-19-2007, 10:59 AM
I think the laws are less afraid of naked women than it is protecting them from horny men that think a woman is a sex object and not another person to be respected to begin with. You think short skirts are bad, imagine the topless woman walking down the street who gets raped and explaining to a jury that she wasn't 'asking for it'. Sad society.