PDA

View Full Version : What are the Best and Worst Names?

Cyndalie
06-19-2007, 11:27 AM
What are some of the Worst names you have ever heard?
For people of course... It's hard to believe what some parents have named their kids.

What are your favorite names? Old fashioned, ones you've made up, names you wish you were given..

I'm thinking there are SO MANY bad names. Ones that sound like regular words, or stds lol...

Leroy, Buster, Candidia, Philomena, Baird...

I like classic names like Sophia, Christopher, Wesley, Elle, Haylee, MaryAnne, etc.

What about you?

Virgule3
06-19-2007, 11:43 AM
I like some French names and some English names...

Mine's Sophie and I am not crazy about it. I like Patrick, Nicolas (in French) I have Kéven-Kevin in French but like it in English... I like Éric, Yanick, David (in both languages).

I like it when the first names fits with the second... I hate English or foreign sounding first names with French last names... Henrik Tremblay... ouach! Michael Bouchard... eurk!

Sophie.

Funbrunette
06-19-2007, 01:41 PM
My neighbors named their little boy "Ludovic" :geez: I find that to be bordeline child abuse...lol

Seriously what's good for one person isn't necessarely good for another...So I don't think it's possible for everyone to agree on names...So this makes them even more special they are unique to the family, child and maybe ancestors... That's my 2 cents.

The first time I heard the name Ryan I knew that would be my son's name...It's Irish and it means "Little King" exactly what he turned out to be...I have no Irish in me but was drawn to the name...

Evil Chris
06-19-2007, 01:49 PM
I wonder where some of those African American names come from... You know like Keyshawn, and Lakeesha etc...

Cyndalie
06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
I wonder where some of those African American names come from... You know like Keyshawn, and Lakeesha etc...

Yeah I know, some times it seems they take 50% vowels and the consonants l, f, k, s, h, t, y, r, n, q, w, and d and play boggle until they find something unique. The goal being to have a name no one else has.

Anyway....

What about Jaeger, Rance (an english name) or Ravid (oh man), or god forbid Daffodil. For crying out loud!!!

TheLegacy
06-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Apple - what friggin mom would name their kid apple.. oh right.. a celebrity mom, or Zoey (as in Zoey Bowie)

Slippery
06-19-2007, 03:19 PM
It's a British name more than anything... Nigel. It has always made me cringe a little bit.

Vid Vicious
06-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Charly for a girl .. damn I find that so sexy, ever since that movie suburbia .. Punkers that take over the burbs.

I also like out of the norm names like sunny or sunshine, laughter, river, etc My nephew's name is Noam his sister ana'leah ... My ex nephew Zion ... also very cool ...

I quess it really depends on the person, they're background and up bringing .. I've always been rebelious so different names and Male names for females is my thing ...

Virgule3
06-20-2007, 12:08 AM
I also like out of the norm names like sunny or sunshine, laughter, river, etc My nephew's name is Noam his sister ana'leah ... My ex nephew Zion ... also very cool ...

I like "Rain" as in "Rain Maida" the lead signer of Our Lady Peace... He,s hot too... :)

Sophie.

Rochard
06-20-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm thinking there are SO MANY bad names. Ones that sound like regular words, or stds lol...

Leroy, Buster, Candidia, Philomena, Baird...

Nice job...... I take it you don't know my real name, do you?

Evil Chris
06-20-2007, 11:51 AM
I saw this morning on TV that the manager of the LA Dodgers first name is "Grady".

Platinum Chris
06-20-2007, 02:21 PM
I like "Rain" as in "Rain Maida" the lead signer of Our Lady Peace... He,s hot too... :)

Sophie.

He's the biggest fucking egotistical asshole you'll ever meet too.

student4ever
06-20-2007, 03:25 PM
One day, Mr. Phillard rushed his pregnant wife over to the hospital. As the doctors were prepping his wife, Mr. Phillard's idiot brother Bill arrived to watch the birth. But when Mr. Phillard saw the blood and everything else, he fainted. When Mr. Phillard woke up he was in a bed with the doctor standing above him.

"Mr. Phillard," the doctor said, "you are in the recovery room. Don't worry, your wife is fine and she had twins, a boy and a girl. Because you were unconscious and your wife was still under anesthesia, she requested that your brother Bill name the kids."

"What! My brother, the idiot! I can't believe you let him! What did he name them?"

"He named your daughter Denise."

"Hey, not bad! I underestimated my brother. What did he name my son?"

"He named your son Denephew."

===============

the one that gets me recently is some country music singer named his son 'Huckleberry'... why on earth would you do that to your kid?!
:laughout: :laughout:

Panky
06-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Cooper. The name took awhile to grow on me. When my brother mentioned he was going to name is son Cooper, I first thought of Cooper Tires and Mini Cooper. When I first heard 'Coop', chicken coop came to mind. :nuts:

Friends of mine named their daughter Delphine, but they pronounce it Delphiné. I had never heard that name before. It's unique and I kind of like it.

My cat is named Angelie after bikini model Angelie Almendre. My BF has a thing for this model and apparently Angelie is a major cat lover. Angelie also has a mole above the left side of her upper lip. My cat is black and white and she has a little dark circle at the exact spot this model does. Needless to say, the name we both agreed on for the cat was Angelie. When I called home to tell mom about her new grandkitten, she said, "Angelie is such a pretty name. It would be a good name for a granddaughter.".

I never understood why celebs name their children names such as Apple, Moon Unit, Dweezil, Pilot Inspektor, Sage Moonblood, Tallulah Belle, and Kal-El. Pilot Inspektor - Why do that to your kid? He's destined to be teased and tormented by other kids with a name like that.

Rochard
06-20-2007, 08:24 PM
What ever happened to Angelie Almendre?

Virgule3
06-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Michael Jackson named his first son Prince and his second son... Prince!!!

Now THAT'S DUMB!

Sophie.

Cyndalie
06-21-2007, 10:24 AM
One day, Mr. Phillard rushed his pregnant wife over to the hospital. As the doctors were prepping his wife, Mr. Phillard's idiot brother Bill arrived to watch the birth. But when Mr. Phillard saw the blood and everything else, he fainted. When Mr. Phillard woke up he was in a bed with the doctor standing above him.

"Mr. Phillard," the doctor said, "you are in the recovery room. Don't worry, your wife is fine and she had twins, a boy and a girl. Because you were unconscious and your wife was still under anesthesia, she requested that your brother Bill name the kids."

"What! My brother, the idiot! I can't believe you let him! What did he name them?"

"He named your daughter Denise."

"Hey, not bad! I underestimated my brother. What did he name my son?"

"He named your son Denephew."

===============

the one that gets me recently is some country music singer named his son 'Huckleberry'... why on earth would you do that to your kid?!
:laughout: :laughout:

:laughout: :laughout: :laughout:
Very funny

Mister E
06-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Great question! Post conception, we brought out the baby name books and came up with a couple of cool possibilties.

For a girl we had Kaya amd LuLu,

For a boy we chose Ace or Shane.

It was a (and is) a boy, we chose Asa (Hebrew for healer) but call him Ace. He is now 15 and loves being caled Ace!

In terms of unformate mammalian labels, Kevin concerns me. I have known some great guys named Kevin, however....as David Stienberg used to muse,
"there are no old men named Kevin!"

He's right. Have you ever known an old man named Kevin.

(Trust me, Elliot is not the easiest name to live with.)

In terms of female names, Hortence must be on the list.

Another great name...Guerilla Traffic!

student4ever
06-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Michael Jackson named his first son Prince and his second son... Prince!!!

Now THAT'S DUMB!

Sophie.

kinda like George Foreman having 5 sons named George? :laughout:
George Jr., George III, George IV, George V, and George VI

I have to wonder if he just yells out 'George!' and expects all to answer or if he shouts out a number?

Platinum Chris
06-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Just saw on on the CP24 news ticker this morning. Some parents want to name their child '4real'. The Gov is denying it, stating names cannot have numbers in it.

BruceMiller
06-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah, just got this today from Seska's James

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/06/21/name.child.ap/index.html

This couple wanted to name their kid "4real" which of course we think is pretty cool here at 4realcash.... lol

Evil Chris
06-21-2007, 06:12 PM
What about Jaeger, Rance (an english name) or Ravid (oh man), or god forbid Daffodil. For crying out loud!!!Those are horrible.

Do yourself a favor and choose a normal name. Your child will thank you for it years from now, and other people won't look at you (the parents) and go "what were they thinking.... that poor child"... LOL

student4ever
06-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Just saw on on the CP24 news ticker this morning. Some parents want to name their child '4real'. The Gov is denying it, stating names cannot have numbers in it.
oh geeze - that just reminded me that a year or so ago, some fools named their kid 'Google'... :geez:

Relentless
06-22-2007, 09:11 AM
I've always been a fan of girls names that can have masculine forms. Like Samantha being able to call herself Sam, or Alexandra as Alex and so on.

Being able to send an email from Sam SoandSo or Samantha SoandSo gives the kid more freedom in how they want to be received.

For a boy a name like Jacob is a great one because of all the options. Jacob, Jay, Jack, Jake... it gives the kid a lot more freedom to pick his own identity than naming him George with no options.

Cyndalie
06-22-2007, 11:57 AM
yea Relentless, that's why I like my name
Cynthia, cyndee, cyn, cindy, cyndalie, cynd, cyndi, cyndy,...I love confusing people but certain spellings and versions help me determine how such person knows me or if I get a present and my nam eis spelled "Cyndy" I know it's from my mother in law LOL

XXXPhoto
06-22-2007, 05:36 PM
In German, Thomas sounds too much like Dumbass IMO...

I've always been partial to 'Thing One and Thing Two'... those were pet names I called my girls for years... ;^P

gabrio
06-25-2007, 01:51 AM
i really like - in italian, for a girl, "Giada" which is "Jade" in english

Janell
06-25-2007, 02:16 PM
I want twins Bennet and Brando. Of course I'm talking about 2 puppies not "real" children.

Platinum Chris
06-25-2007, 04:02 PM
kinda like George Foreman having 5 sons named George? :laughout:
George Jr., George III, George IV, George V, and George VI

I have to wonder if he just yells out 'George!' and expects all to answer or if he shouts out a number?

You missed his two daughters, which are also named 'George'

Freeda George & Georgetta.

That's 7 children named George :laughout:

student4ever
06-25-2007, 04:36 PM
You missed his two daughters, which are also named 'George'

Freeda George & Georgetta.

That's 7 children named George :laughout:
:laughout::laughout:

I knew he had daughters, but had never heard their names :laughout: