PDA

View Full Version : Is the XBiz show in trouble?

Evil Chris
06-19-2007, 02:39 PM
I saw some drama about it earlier today and wondered if it might be suffering from lack of attendance. I think that would be a shame. What a great venue for a webmaster gathering in my opinion.

I'm not going just because of the time of year. There is just too much going on with us around that time.

TheLegacy
06-19-2007, 03:14 PM
I cant really say anything about the show - but I can comment on it overall.

conventions today seem to be geared to help their pockets and go for sizzle rather than the meat. Meaning - networking.

the success of a show isnt on whether you drank more, or got to touch more boobies etc. its 3 weeks later when you are counting sales does a show then become worthwhile. everyone is hyped about vegas - but few want to admit it that the show itself has been dying the past few years from being a huge source of leads - to non profitable.

everyone started leaning towards the smaller shows and guess what? phoenix became number one for its networking chances - and now florida internext for the same reason. we are all in one place - and a smaller venue means more opporunities to ask, "who you with? and what do you do?"

12clicks
06-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I saw some drama about it earlier today and wondered if it might be suffering from lack of attendance. I think that would be a shame. What a great venue for a webmaster gathering in my opinion.

I'm not going just because of the time of year. There is just too much going on with us around that time.

look at adult whos who. there are plenty of people going.
There's no drama. Everyone I talk to is going.

TheLegacy
06-19-2007, 03:48 PM
XBIZ Summer Forum
Las Vegas, NV
Wed, Jul 11, 2007 - Fri, Jul 13, 2007

Who is Attending
229 - Attending , 77 - Not Attending , 40 - Undecided

almost the same amount as Internext florida

Internext Summer
Hollywood, Florida
Fri, Aug 3, 2007 - Sun, Aug 5, 2007

Who is Attending
282 - Attending , 56 - Not Attending , 38 - Undecided

http://www.adultwhoswho.com/events.html

Vid Vicious
06-19-2007, 04:06 PM
I've heard alot of good things about xbiz ...
However for the same (kinda) reasons as Chris I won't be attending .. Summer is my bussy season so Leaving for 4 days plus is very hard for me ...