PDA

View Full Version : Will RIAA sue the Bush Twins?

I.M.Shane
06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Has any one else heard about the Floriday atty that sent RIAA a letter asking them to sue the Bush twins with "the same vigor in prosecuting this matter and protecting the rights of your rights-holders that it has displayed in enforcing those rights against other alleged violators."
So what prompted this you may well ask? An article published in the Miami Herald stated that for father's “[President] Bush's twin daughters, gave him [as a Father’s Day present] a CD they had made for him to listen to while exercising.”
Now we all know that according to RIAA the creation of mixed CD's is in violation of copyright law. Others have been sued for similar infractions. Now what I'm wondering is considering all the bad press lately over the way celebrities have been handled when caught breaking the law. Just recently we heard about Paris Hilton's pet sheriff. Even after the judge sent Paris back to jail she was still getting preferential treatment from the sheriff.
So... what do you think? Will the RIAA lay down and let the Bush twins violate their precious copyrights or will they take the girls to court? Or does it even matter?

Read the Article:
http://www.miamiherald.com/692/story/142726.html

BruceMiller
06-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Personally I think the RIAA sucks a huge.... well you know... lol

student4ever
06-21-2007, 07:16 PM
as much as I think the RIAA needs to get a grip on todays world, I think that would be one of the funniest things to happen - possibly ever.

I'm all for protecting copyright and giving artists their due, but the RIAA is a few goose steps short of reality. I just hope they never find out about all those 8-tracks I copied over to cassettes and then loaned to some friends... nobody here will tell, right? :scram:

Evil Chris
06-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Someone fill me in on what RIAA stands for?

TheLegacy
06-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Someone fill me in on what RIAA stands for?

Recording Industry Association of America

Mitchell Silverman, an attorney in Florida, noticed in a recent news-story that GW Bush's twin daughters presented him with a mix CD of exercise music for Father's Day. Since the record industry maintains that making and distributing mix CDs is a copyright infringement Silverman sent their legal offices a letter on letterhead asking them to sue the first twins for "stealing music".

Evil Chris
06-22-2007, 08:45 AM
They can't do that to us... we're the president's daughters!

*gasp*

Cyndalie
06-22-2007, 12:13 PM
What a load of crap! That's bullshit!

student4ever
06-22-2007, 12:43 PM
What a load of crap! That's bullshit!
it's a total load of crap, but you have to admit that having the RIAA go after the first twins would be pretty darned funny! :laughout:

Of course, the headlines the next day would likely be something like...
"Weapons of Mass Destruction found in RIAA Headquarters - US to Bomb the Everloving Crap Out of Them"
:scram:

XXXPhoto
06-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Bush wiped his arse with the Constitution, you think he's sweating the RIAA?

I.M.Shane
06-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm still inclined to think that there will be a big fat nothing done. Just more celebrity/rich people hand holding and blind eyes. It's typical, if your rich you can't go to jail... if your poor it may be your next address.