PDA

View Full Version : I have a great project... How should I go about it?

Virgule3
06-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Hi guys!

I have always been behind the scenes, taking pictures for whoever needed them...

But this time, I have this awesome idea, it hasn't been done yet, not to my knowledge anyway...

Should I have my own web site or should I sell the content I will create?

I'd really like your honest opinion about this...

Sophie.

student4ever
06-25-2007, 08:01 PM
I think the first question that comes to mind is, do you have the time/effort available to do your own website and produce the content?

If you've got an idea that is truly not out there, but you think there is a market for it, then with the right webmastering skills, it could be a hit.
But, first you've got to get the site build and then get the marketing started.

There may be thousands of ideas where content is not available yet just because nobody has done anything about it yet or thought of it yet. If it's truly not out there, do you have any idea if people are looking for it? Could you create a demand for it as a niche?

Just as an fyi... UnderwaterDwarfFacials .com is available - it didn't go over as well as I thought it would... :scram:

Cyndalie
06-26-2007, 11:40 AM
If you sell the content you create you will need to explore if there is a market for it and possibly contract exclusive deals before shooting. If you do it yourself for your own site you can have 100% creative freedom to get out of it what you want, however it is a long term committment to get it up, running, maintained and manage overhead costs for hosting, billing, 2257 and other risk management.