PDA

View Full Version : Go see the Transformers movie...

TheEnforcer
07-05-2007, 02:54 PM
If you like summer popcornm action flicks you gotta go see this movie. Easily one of the most enjoyable pure action flicks I have ever seen. The special effects were stunning and the action scenes were quite good. A few clunker comedy moments and the "hot chick" isn't that good of an actress but overall EXTREMELY enjoyable. :xthumbs:

Evil Chris
07-05-2007, 03:23 PM
That's the first review I've seen and it's a positive one.
I think we'll be going to see it, but not before I see Die Hard. :)

TheEnforcer
07-05-2007, 03:55 PM
I'll probably catch the Die Hard movie this weekend.

Sarah_MaxCash
07-09-2007, 06:58 AM
I liked it more than I thought I would but I expected to snore through it. It was obviously aimed at a much younger audience than me and I could have done without the teenage romance and how long they took to get to the transformers but on a whole I thought it was good enough as a throw away popcorn movie.

Evil Chris
07-09-2007, 09:33 AM
I keep hearing positive reviews of this movie, and I figured it would be a bust from the first time I saw the trailer.

MediaGuy
07-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Well, honestly, it was spectacular. I would have maybe chosen to see the new Die Hard first, but the opportunity was there to see Transformers... it's like transposing the most amazing Bagdad footage to New York and adding gigantic robots... some new stuff in there.

And yeah, there's one or two parts where you realize the market it's aimed at is "younger"... but at least the script isn't a moronic bore... but who cares, the effects are really some to awe over.

I was never actually into Transformers - just past my time - but I now understand or see what the kids saw when they played with those things :laughout:

Cyndalie
07-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Everyone is telling me to go see this. Looks like I'll have a date night with the hubby this week :)

Platinum Chris
07-09-2007, 11:27 AM
It was good, but not spectacular. I think the major flaw that it has is they stuck with a heavy human storyline style, as opposed to back in the cartoon days, where it was transformer based.

It still worked out well and the movie flowed decently, but as a fan of the toons, it does fall short in that regard.

The animations were great. You can really tell they spent many a week on working out the fluidity of them.

The overall storyline wasn't too bad. An interesting take on it. I guess it just one of those (introduction) story line blues.

At the end of it all, they have laid a pretty decent foundation if they were to make a 2nd one. I'd discuss more as to how, but it'd ruin the storyline for those that have not seen it ;)

EDIT: Oh, and the new Die Hard is the best of the series.

TheLegacy
07-09-2007, 01:17 PM
anyone want to babysit a kid while we go and see a movie?? LOL

Platinum Chris
07-09-2007, 01:22 PM
My gf probably would... but I ain't driving her down to Brantford :p

Casa Nova
07-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Wow, I seen it last night.. its fucking amazing! I didnt expect to like it but it was damn good, full of action storyline everything.. it was simple wow!

SykkBoy
07-09-2007, 07:06 PM
I was never a fan of the cartoons but I really enjoyed the movie. It had great action, some suspense, a great sense of humor and some stunning effects.

Panky
07-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I played with Transformers when I was a kid. My brother was a major fan of them and we used to sit there and see who could transform them the fastest.

Sarah_MaxCash
07-10-2007, 08:01 AM
When we saw it two guys came in dressed in cardboard transformers outfits and sat in them the whole show.

I agree that it is an introduction film and that there was too much human stuff in it. Once it finally got to the the Transformers it was really good for that sort of film. I mean, it isn't high cinema but then I doubt many people would expect it to be. It was silly but didn't treat me like I didn't have any brain at all..so it was fine.

Though, I never got why nobody ever asked why the security girl was Australian and being allowed into the highest level of gov't at a time of national emergency without even a question.

SykkBoy
07-10-2007, 02:39 PM
My question about the movie:

*SPOILER*
if all of the power/communications were knocked out and there was this supposed mass chaos, why were people still driving around on the streets?
*SPOILER*

Ah well, it was a blast to watch anyways

sassygirl
07-10-2007, 04:50 PM
i soo love this movie...the scene on the boy's house was really hilarious :D

Stephane76
07-10-2007, 05:33 PM
i am gonna go see it tonight