PDA

View Full Version : A little thread about the sport we Americans call soccer

Janell
07-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Soccer is a great sport one I cherish dearly. There's just one minor detail. It's virtually impossible to play in the dark. Picture this sunday night 8:15 about an hours drive from my house... I drive and drive to arrive to the fields and the lights are not on. Apparently the lights guy was having technical difficulties. Thankfully I'm a quick thinker and rerouted the team to the bar. Then all was well with the universe.

Evil Chris
07-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Speaking of soccer.... Canada sucks at it!
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/fifau20/story/2007/07/08/canada-congo-fifa.html
We didn't score even one goal and we are the host country!

Casa Nova
07-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Meh its alright. Portugal played bad too. lost to fucking gambia.... :(

How sad.. but U20 means nothing really. look at teh teams that arent there: italy, france etc..

all the good players from countries play for the U-21 team. Canada is slowly getting better. Now that we will have a club youth system canada will imporve dramatically in the next 10 years.

Panky
07-09-2007, 03:37 PM

Doesn't matter if Canada sucks at soccer. Hockey is the only sport that matters. :D

Janell
07-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Doesn't matter if Canada sucks at soccer. Hockey is the only sport that matters. :D

Auh ughhh Soccer chicks are hot. They can really kick it.

Evil Chris
07-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Montreal Impact has a pretty good soccer team.
It would be cool to go see them play sometime.

Platinum Chris
07-10-2007, 08:48 AM

Meh, don't ever expect things to change. With Canada being as multi-cultural as we are, there are many great players that come up thru the ranks in their youth, then skip to their ethnic background country come the Worlds and such. Also, there's not enough $ (not like we really have it) to put into the team.

Xcash
07-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Soccer is great :bless::bless:

Stephane76
07-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Soccer is a great sport one I cherish dearly. There's just one minor detail. It's virtually impossible to play in the dark. Picture this sunday night 8:15 about an hours drive from my house... I drive and drive to arrive to the fields and the lights are not on. Apparently the lights guy was having technical difficulties. Thankfully I'm a quick thinker and rerouted the team to the bar. Then all was well with the universe.
would have been the same if it was rugby or tennis i think

Soccer Rules! i am a soccer freak meself :)

Cyndalie
07-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Do you play in a local 'fun' league Janell? Or is it more competitive?

My brothers play Collegiate Rugby, no soccer players in my family.

Janell
07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Do you play in a local 'fun' league Janell? Or is it more competitive?

My brothers play Collegiate Rugby, no soccer players in my family.
I play indoor coed and outdoor coed. It's a fun league in the sense that our team doesn't take life too seriously but just and FYI we are leading the division 7-0 aint too shabby.

Mister E
07-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Hi Janell, during our hockey lock out a few years back a friend started dragging me to watch Manchester United at a bar here in Toronto.

(don'y give away my secret location...)

I tried to get it but couldn't, went on for the season.

The second year I watched, Wayne Rooney and Ronaldo got me to pay more attention. I was getting hooked.

Then came the World Cup. I am an England fan until Israel, The U.S. or Jamaica gets there.

My heart got busted, bursted and broken. Damn Red Cards.

This year, Man U was tremendous. Coulda' had the treble. Did win the Premiership.

I am hooked. For life now. Let the haters hate us.

Bend it girl. Bend it and send it.

Janell
07-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi Janell, during our hockey lock out a few years back a friend started dragging me to watch Manchester United at a bar here in Toronto.

(don'y give away my secret location...)

I tried to get it but couldn't, went on for the season.

The second year I watched, Wayne Rooney and Ronaldo got me to pay more attention. I was getting hooked.

Then came the World Cup. I am an England fan until Israel, The U.S. or Jamaica gets there.

This year, Man U was tremendous. Coulda' had the treble. Did win the Premiership.

I am hooked. For life now. Let the haters hate us.

Bend it girl. Bend it and send it.
It's the most amazing adrenaline rush beating someone to the soccer ball. Did I mention I love to play stopper?

Casa Nova
07-27-2007, 02:35 PM

Portugal!!! :heart: :heart: Gotta Love em' haha

Euro is coming fast, I'm hoping they will be able to make it to the finals again... except this time win it.:arrr:

I play Striker at times but mostly Sweeper or any other position back on defense. Nothing like stopping a guy in his tracks then bolting down field for a counter attack.

Mister E
07-27-2007, 02:52 PM
I play left outside