PDA

View Full Version : Out source techies .. wtf???

Vid Vicious
07-09-2007, 03:09 PM
OK so I send out my PC to an outsource tech house, the same tech that buildt this machine .. a dual P4, with rtx 100 Xtreme real time card.

THere was an electrical storm the other day. I found on of the Power bar plugs to be burned, all black. Also PRemiere was fucking up more then usual, all of a sudden I was no longer aple ot see my source player during capture. Really wierd stuff .. I'd get window errrors when opening up external drives ..etc

so I called in the guy that buildt the thing .. He takes the pc for 9 days, 5 of which are working days .. I call daily since without this pc I can't work. and there are lot of people waiting after me to finnish up some products .. downtime I can't afford (and Yes I do have another edit suite, however that one is now worst off then the first .. mainly cus it's a MAC!)

Anyhow, I let the techy know the urgency ... day one (actually 4 days after he picked up the pc) He got the pc on thurdays by closing time, friday was a work day then sat and sun and monday was canada day so it's off. Tuesday he says I need all the certification codes, I send them to him within 30 min of him asking for them, OH yah btw I was home sick in bed! yet, I got up went to the office and sent him the info needed asap. He gets back to me 24 hours later to tell me that the certification for windows isn't the right one .. which i had already mentioned in the innital email .. any how I send him yet anothre certification code.
Another 24 hr later I call him, he tells me the ram isn't any good .. (the new ram was installed by another tech that I have lots of trust in but that is on a 3 week vacation) Any how ... it takes another 3 days before I get the pc back . by this tiime it's been 9 days since he took it .. I get on the pc yesterday to get it ready to work with today . so I start loading the codecs I need to work with ..etc ... Fuckin PC starts freezing on me .. I can't lose any time . so I figure I got enough software and codecs to finnish one of servral jobs pending .. so I figure K lets capture ... Well wouldn't you know I can't capture .. I have full control of my deck but can't see video or hear audio .. and sure enough it's not recording any. WTF ... This pcs only duty is that off an edit suite .. that's all .. NOthing else ! And this guy knows it .. About 10 mintutes After the pc was delivered on Friday I get an invoice .. For 3.5 hours ??? Now I'm completely confused !! ....

Any how it's now 3 pm I've been waiting since 1:30 for this ass wipe to show .. he's still not here ..

How do you deal with this type of fuck up without completely losing it and getting rude ?

gabrio
07-09-2007, 05:04 PM
thing is that you have met Mr. Voodoo.. sooner or later everybody does.

Vid Vicious
07-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Son of bitch!!! at 3:40 I realize buddy hadn't shown yet or called .. so I called him, yet again. only for this techy to tell me his car is being towed ! .. WTF and it never accured to him to call .. he was 1 hour and 40 min late by this point !!!

Arrggghhh .. I think I will end up killing him when he does finally show up

sassygirl
07-09-2007, 05:40 PM
whew...sucks man.Maybe you can file a complaint against it,

Visualad
07-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Vid.. What Gabrio is trying to say is that Mr. Voodoo pays us all a visit every once in a while..

When your computer starts fucking up.. and you dont know what is going on.. When the hdd starts to make shitty noises.. When the computer doesnt want to save your files after you finish 5 hours of editing..

Thats Mr. Voodoo messing with ya..

Just pray he will move on to someone elses computer.. Or get a new one!

TheLegacy
07-09-2007, 06:04 PM
sorry brother that your having such difficulties - its too bad you cant take the hard drives or work that you have and find a temp system to work on them with... hell even renting a highend computer to work temporarily with should have been an option for this company

Vid Vicious
07-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Vid.. What Gabrio is trying to say is that Mr. Voodoo pays us all a visit every once in a while..

When your computer starts fucking up.. and you dont know what is going on.. When the hdd starts to make shitty noises.. When the computer doesnt want to save your files after you finish 5 hours of editing..

Thats Mr. Voodoo messing with ya..

Just pray he will move on to someone elses computer.. Or get a new one!

LOL ...

I got the fuckin thing working tonight !!! on my Own!!!

Don't know for how long though ...LOL

Vid Vicious
07-09-2007, 09:51 PM
sorry brother that your having such difficulties - its too bad you cant take the hard drives or work that you have and find a temp system to work on them with... hell even renting a highend computer to work temporarily with should have been an option for this company

Did that .. That's the Mac .. I got that running well now too .. LOL .. was just one of those learning curves LOL

The mac is running beautifully now .... I got the pc to capture too .. Fucked up windows settings .. Figured it out though ! .. hee hee
How ever I still have a feeling the pc is gonna crash, I'm gonna work it all night so by morning I'll have a good idea on how this PC is gonna preform

student4ever
07-10-2007, 01:14 PM
stories like this always make me glad I'm a geek and don't let anybody touch my computers... I guess all those years of low paying tech support jobs finally paid off! :laughout: :laughout: :laughout:

Casa Nova
07-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Techs are useless... they do a temporary fix then in a week or less it just breaks down again.

student4ever
07-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Techs are useless... they do a temporary fix then in a week or less it just breaks down again.
as a general statement, I'd totally agree with that...

most of them don't have the best interest of the customer in mind, just how much can they bill for and still retain the customer for more service ($$) next time...