PDA

View Full Version : Weddings!!!

Funbrunette
07-16-2007, 09:08 AM
I had to go out of town for a wedding this weekend...I don't know if it's just me, but I'm so over the whole wedding thing...lol It's such a BIG DEAL these days...Don't get me wrong I had a beautiful wedding and enjoyed it, but it was small and I didn't lose my mind the night before like bridzerilla...lol

Do you like attending weddings? I try and avoid them like the plague...lol :scram:

Platinum Chris
07-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I avoid them if I can. The only ones I'll attend are close friends and family.

Worst weddings to attend are co-worker weddings :laughout:

TheLegacy
07-16-2007, 11:10 AM
I love weddings of friends I know - its like a family meeting.

if they are secondary friends or my wifes friend - then I generally look around for content for future websites

Vid Vicious
07-16-2007, 01:02 PM
for the next Ex-Vicious ..
I d much rather do a private thing on a exotic beach .. in the nude

Hee hee

Casa Nova
07-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Weddings, Iunno... it should be a big deal.. it's just alot of people go all out on it, & I'm all for the bride having her dream wedding. But not if it starts the family off in a huge amount of debt etc.

I only like going to close friends & family, anyone else who asks I decline and I'll go to the stag & doe or bachelor party to still contribute in some way.

student4ever
07-16-2007, 01:48 PM
I think there's a point when you've been to enough weddings. I went to my first one in about 10+ years a couple weeks ago. It was fun only because it was a close friend, who at 48 had never been married before.

Panky
07-16-2007, 02:21 PM
The last wedding I attended was my brothers wedding 6 years ago. It was one huge wedding and the bride is all about the 'show'. Our side of the family are the warm, inviting, happy, party people. Her side of the family are the stern, can't relax, always proper type people who seldom drink. It wasn't too long before my side of the family started influencing her side of the family and it was funny as hell to watch some of her 'cold' relatives get a few drinks in them and loosen up a bit. :D

For years it seemed as though at least once a year I was either in a wedding or attending a wedding. Between my friends getting married and relatives, it was just insane. After that, came all the baby showers which can be much worse than weddings. LOL!

Magnus3x
07-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Depends who's having it.. I like a good piss up at a wedding.

I hate the drama and over reactions they can sometimes have though.

carol.prime
07-16-2007, 03:50 PM
yes. there's nothing with that....
im gaining lot of information with the ceremony...well, all girls love to experience that thing..

hope someday, me and my bf...but no plans yet..:confused:

Cyndalie
07-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Two weedings are happening this year for the two people I love most in this world. My cousin who is like my sister, and my best friend who is like my brother. She's getting married in September, in Italy - and I can't afford to go. He is getting married in South Florida, at the end of November, and I can't go because I'll be too pregnant. I'm going to keep asking my Doctors but the first answer was no :(

I love weddings for the people I love, but for a co-worker, casual friend, long distance cousin, I tend to skip and just send a gift.

sassygirl
07-16-2007, 04:10 PM
i try to avoid weddings...its so mushy and sentimental

Evil Chris
07-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Depends who's having it.. I like a good piss up at a wedding.

I hate the drama and over reactions they can sometimes have though.I tend to agree with all that.

If I can get out of going to a wedding... I will. hahaha...
Sometimes it's impossible though.

Janell
07-17-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm so over weddings. I'm done with the scene. I would just rather send a present or meet them at the reception.

Rochard
07-17-2007, 06:41 PM
There are two kinds of weddings.... the simple ones and the not simple ones.

One of my best friends - a girl I know well - got married many years ago. They had a huge fucking wedding with 250. Six months later, guess what? That's right, they split up.

Big weddings are for people with big egos.

When Donna and I got married, we had a simple wedding in a small church, family and close friends only, and then a small reception at a winery. Nice, classy, short, and sweet.