PDA

View Full Version : Your very first CD?

Evil Chris
07-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Do you remember the first CD you ever bought or played?
I bought my first CD player in 1985. I brought it back to my place and I didn't even have a CD to play yet.

A friend offered to go down to Sam the Record Man and get me the new Dire Straits "compact disk" :)
But he comes back with their self titled album from 1978 instead.
So we ended up listening to "Sultans of Swing" instead of "Money for Nothing"... haha.. :laughout:

Casa Nova
07-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Wow Sam The Record man, Its to bad they closed down :(

As sad as this sounds, the First Cd I ever bought was Armageddon lol

I played the Aerosmith song over and over again lmfao

Cyndalie
07-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Very first CD I bought... hmm, I think it was The Wall
Very first CD I Bought when I bought my car (my first with a cd player in it) in 1999 was Propellerheads. I blew my speakers :)

Panky
07-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Mine was Motley Crue - Theater of Pain.

Janell
07-17-2007, 03:35 PM
My very first cd was a springsteen cd. That guy is still rocking.

sassygirl
07-17-2007, 04:25 PM
my very first CD was Five (a band)

Rochard
07-17-2007, 06:39 PM
No idea what my first CD was.

My first LP Album was REO Speedwagon's "Hi Infeldity". Mostly because of the picture on the cover.

GoodChris
07-17-2007, 07:10 PM
My first CD was Phil Collins -

student4ever
07-17-2007, 07:29 PM
what does it mean that I can't remember my first CD, but I can remember my first 45? LOL Beatles, Get Back

Ok... raise your hand if you don't know what a 45 is... LOL

Virgule3
07-17-2007, 10:47 PM
First cassette tape: Lipps Inc that I got for Xmas which I exchanged for... THE WALL!!!

Man, I was good, even then!

Sophie.

SleazyBear
07-17-2007, 10:55 PM
My first cassette was Steve Miller Band.. My first cd.. hmm AC/DC hiway to hell.. My first concert Led Zepplin.

Sarah_MaxCash
07-18-2007, 07:41 AM
I can't remember but I can remember the last vinyl single I bought - New Kids on The Block's "I'll Be Loving You Forever".

TheLegacy
07-18-2007, 12:49 PM
I honestly cant remember - but I do think it was Emerson Lake and Palmer or best of Rolling Stones

thruma
07-19-2007, 03:07 AM
8-track: Kiss Destroyer
cassette: Can't remember but it may have been Black Sabbath - paranoid and faries wear boots

vinyl LP: Van Halen - Van Halen
CD: Tears for Fears. At the time there were very few CD's on the market.

Sarah_MaxCash
07-19-2007, 06:47 AM
Nothing wrong with Tear for Fears ..much underrated as far as lyrics go. They were a very dark band dressed up as a pop group. That is why their music fit so well into Donnie Darko.

thruma
07-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Nothing wrong with Tear for Fears ..much underrated as far as lyrics go. They were a very dark band dressed up as a pop group. That is why their music fit so well into Donnie Darko.

I agree.
I had very little to choose from at the time and that was the one I wanted the most. I knew their hit songs from the radio but I was riding in a car with some friends and they were playing the tape. That sold me on wanting to get the album on CD.

I will say though I did listen to it not long ago and it all sounds very "dated".
In the mid 80's it was all new and awesome though. :D

The thing that still sticks in my head about it is it's a very heavy thing.
The CD the case and everything. Not like todays CD's. And to look at the quality it just seems to be top notch. It was made in Germany so I think it was actually imported.

I always noticed any CD's I bought after that seemed a lot lighter and didn't seem to look so sharp and high quality. And the sound never seemed to match the quality of this one either.
This one was actually DDD(digitally recorded every step of the way)

I noticed most CD's I bought after that were always Analog at some point so they just put the analog onto the digital CD.

I guess it must be cheaper to do it that way. :geez:

Slippery
07-19-2007, 03:10 PM
My very first CD I ever bought was Frampton Comes Alive!