PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick facing Jail time?

Casa Nova
07-18-2007, 01:32 PM
.. Why would someone who makes as much as he does, own a damn dog fighting ranch?! .. Man some people are stupid!

So what do you say, will he avoid jailtime, cause he is who he is?

Funbrunette
07-18-2007, 01:51 PM
I hope they put him on that "rape stand" for dogs (that he used and is being charged for) and put him with the other prisoners! MAY HE ROT IN HELL!!!!! :skull:

People like that make me SICK!

student4ever
07-18-2007, 01:56 PM
apparently, I've been out of touch with the sporting news lately... first I've heard of it. I'm going to guess it will depend on how much he can separate himself from the dog fighting activities. If there's a chance he can say he didn't know what was going on or was not directly involved, maybe.

the other question is... do people actually go to jail for dog fighting? it may be an area that more likely incurs major fines. no idea there...

Funbrunette
07-18-2007, 02:04 PM
apparently, I've been out of touch with the sporting news lately... first I've heard of it. I'm going to guess it will depend on how much he can separate himself from the dog fighting activities. If there's a chance he can say he didn't know what was going on or was not directly involved, maybe.

the other question is... do people actually go to jail for dog fighting? it may be an area that more likely incurs major fines. no idea there...

More than 60 dogs were discovered at his home!!! Some of the animals appeared malnourished, scarred, and injured, and during the raid police found implements related to dogfighting.

That's all the proof I need to put that SOB away for good! Animal cruelty is a CRIME!

http://www.pawsofaustin.org/imgspaws/Cruelty-MinPin.jpg

This is the ONE BIG thing I am EXTREMELY passionate about and it makes me sick!!!!!!

Animals are "thinking," "feeling," and "experiencing" beings. They have basic rights because they have the capacity to suffer. We have a duty to protect those rights.

student4ever
07-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Holy Crap! I just read a couple articles about this - he's in deep shit, that's for sure. FB, I couldn't agree with you more on protecting animals.

My question about do people actually go to jail for dog fighting was a point of unfortunate reality... do people really go to jail for it? I think they should for sure, but that does not make it happen... I think on a localized level, they may not or might do some time in a county jail.

From what appears to be the case for Mr. Vick... if the allegations prove true, then he's facing federal issues for crossing state lines with these activities and looks to have been directly involved. The animal cruelty is bad enough and dog fighting is against both state and federal laws. Add to that the betting involved and he's screwed...

Back to Casa Nova's initial question... unless he's got some REALLY good lawyers, I don't think he'll be able to dodge this bullet. The article I read claims inside people now working with the feds who have indicated direct contact with Vick during fights. Active NFL players have a history of not avoiding jail time, but this may be the ultimate test as Vick may be the highest profile active player to face serious time. Part of it may depend on how much of a circus it becomes as was the case with OJ.

If the charges prove true, I think an electric cattle prod inserted in the right place might get his attention.

Panky
07-18-2007, 03:26 PM
I have no sympathy for him, people like him, or the people who watch and bet on these fights. They should gather all these people up, confine them to close quarters, supply an extremely limited amount of food and water, and let natural take its course.

TheLegacy
07-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with money - more than there are some sick fucks out there who have some twisted ideas of fun. I use to see it all the time when I worked in the gay industry with live webcams - the guys that would come in are from religious circles - married men etc. all getting their balls off to the guys in the condo, swearing two things 1) they were straight 2) they loved the guys and wanted to look after them.

I'm not saying being gay is sick - but I am saying that there are those people out there who hide their fantasies/kicks from others well.

SinSational
07-18-2007, 09:12 PM
More than 60 dogs were discovered at his home!!! Some of the animals appeared malnourished, scarred, and injured, and during the raid police found implements related to dogfighting.

That's all the proof I need to put that SOB away for good! Animal cruelty is a CRIME!

http://www.pawsofaustin.org/imgspaws/Cruelty-MinPin.jpg

This is the ONE BIG thing I am EXTREMELY passionate about and it makes me sick!!!!!!

Animals are "thinking," "feeling," and "experiencing" beings. They have basic rights because they have the capacity to suffer. We have a duty to protect those rights.

I feel the same way. Animal abuse makes me furious.

thruma
07-19-2007, 03:18 AM
I'm a pretty calm guy and nothing much phases me but Animal Abuse gets me so fucking angry!

I believe in karma and I don't wish any harm to any living thing.
I just hope instant karma will take it's course here.
Nice thing about karma is it comes back threefold. :D

Evil Chris
07-19-2007, 09:28 AM
There is so much money involved with this case. That is what will be the determining factor, unfortunately. The Atlanta Falcons stand to lose over 20 million dollars over the next two seasons if they release Vick. What do YOU think will happen?

Here are a couple of links:

http://www.workingpitbull.com/dogfighting.htm

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/moss.html

Funbrunette
07-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Here's an UPDATE (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2941401) On the COWARD! :geez:

Slippery
07-19-2007, 03:11 PM
I think it's horrible.
This is a role model for kids? For shame!

Casa Nova
07-19-2007, 03:49 PM
It's a shame when "role models" pull stunts like this. Cause then you have to explain it to your kids etc.

EmporerEJ
07-19-2007, 04:29 PM
"role model?"
When did being an athlete qualify you for being a "role model?"

I never will understand that. Jordan seems like a good guy, but I don't think it has anything to do with playing basketball. Tiger is a good guy, but I bet he'd be a good guy, even if he didn't play golf.

Terrence
07-19-2007, 04:36 PM
"role model?"
When did being an athlete qualify you for being a "role model?"

I never will understand that. Jordan seems like a good guy, but I don't think it has anything to do with playing basketball. Tiger is a good guy, but I bet he'd be a good guy, even if he didn't play golf.

Dude i totally agree but unfotunately it doesn't take much to impress kids. That's why it's important to have excellent comunication with your children. It might be obvious to us that torturing animals is wrong somehow those morons with too much money think they can buy their way into anything without any consequences. I hope he pays for his crime

Terrence