PDA

View Full Version : It recently came to my attention....

Rochard
07-18-2007, 02:11 PM
It recently came to my attention that you do not need a passport when driving across the border to Mexico.

And Cananda.

So I'm thinking about flying up to NY state.... and driving across.

Who's interested?

Funbrunette
07-18-2007, 02:13 PM
It recently came to my attention that you do not need a passport when driving across the border to Mexico.

And Cananda.

Who's interested?

I am I love NY! It's only about 6 hours away from here.

Casa Nova
07-18-2007, 02:28 PM

And Cananda.

Who's interested?

You will need a passport to cross the borders starting in january i beleive.

And canadians don't need a passport to fly to America, we just need to have applied for one & show the app papers..

Panky
07-18-2007, 02:33 PM
I am I love NY! It's only about 6 hours away from here.

We seriously need to go to NY for a couple of days. :D

Cyndalie
07-18-2007, 02:44 PM
I've never been to NYC. I hear I'm close.

Virgule3
07-18-2007, 02:44 PM
I travel a lot between Canada and the States both by car and by plane... And they will give you a hard time if you don't have your papers... Trust me!

Good luck though!

Sophie.

TheLegacy
07-18-2007, 04:58 PM
you do need a passport to go from canada to usa and back. not sure why anyone has any other idea on that. It does make things easier - sorry rochard

student4ever
07-18-2007, 06:31 PM
you do need a passport to go from canada to usa and back. not sure why anyone has any other idea on that. It does make things easier - sorry rochard
the US temporarily lifted it's restrictions for it's residents due to it's own inability to process passports fast enough. The new regs that stated passports would be mandatory for travel to Canada and Mexico scared enough people that they were reported to be receiving 300,000+ new applications per day. Not to mention all the people that were trying to get their applications in before the deadline for the new style passports came out - they now have RFID chips imbedded...

TheLegacy
07-18-2007, 10:50 PM
the US temporarily lifted it's restrictions for it's residents due to it's own inability to process passports fast enough. The new regs that stated passports would be mandatory for travel to Canada and Mexico scared enough people that they were reported to be receiving 300,000+ new applications per day. Not to mention all the people that were trying to get their applications in before the deadline for the new style passports came out - they now have RFID chips imbedded...

chips imbedded? wow.

thanks for updating me - but I have had a passporte now for years, its faster and easier to get through airport security. I wish they would let up on the "lets carry all out bathroom shit in a small plastic bag" routine they have