PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Presley?!

Casa Nova
07-19-2007, 03:59 PM
He's alive! ha No j/k

Does anyone have a fascination with him like me? Ever since I was a kid I collected all his memorabilia and listened to his music (even though he died before i was even born). His music is timeless.. not so much his movies lol But they are still worth the watch from time to time he had such charisma. It's just a shame he passed away as young as he did.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/5/55/20060423115631!Elvis_presley.jpg

Slippery
07-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Poor Elvis. Nobody was really looking out for him.
I think he will forever live on!

Mister E
07-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Great Post!
I was actually a founding father of the Church of the Fallen Elvis.
He was all that was both beautiful and ugly about America.

We did downers, ate breakfast at 3 AM and even had our own version of "the Lord's Prayer".

This spawned Toronto's famous Elvis Monday where many of Canada's Alt bands played, and still do for that matter.

I want the Honda he rode in Roustabout and do a great cover of In The Ghetto.

His Sun Series was magic. The movie swill was tragic.

Our father who fell from Graceland, the King be thy shame...

Gotta go, Doctor Nick is calling...

zand_stein
07-25-2007, 06:03 AM
Im Elvis's fanatic
Hope to see him
live

Sarah_MaxCash
07-25-2007, 07:02 AM
I am not really a fan ..most of his songs that I sort of like I have heard done by other people and liked better.

TheLegacy
07-25-2007, 11:42 AM
I have a deep respect for him and his accomplishments - though I honestly think he was selfish in committing suicide and robbing us all of what he still could become.

Casa Nova
07-25-2007, 04:33 PM
It was never truely proven that he killed himself on purpose... I highly doubt he did, he just took to many of his pills... I can see how his life was very stressful, constantly on the road etc. He got hooked on all the uppers and downers and just couldnt stop.. took to much one day and that was it. I'm sure if he truely wanted to kill himself he would go out without leaving a log in the toilet.

He was a great man... I have tons of respect for him & his music.

Mister E
07-26-2007, 10:49 AM
It wasn't so much suicide as it was depression. It got to the point where The Memphis Mafia and Elvis were bored.

They could handle it better that he could.

He went dumb. Left the building.

She Devil
07-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I like how Men In Black put it 'Elvis? He just went home'

Vid Vicious
07-26-2007, 04:58 PM
thank ya .. thank ya very much ....

cdsmith
07-26-2007, 05:16 PM
I was once a member of the Flying Elvises, Moosejaw chapter.

:)