PDA

View Full Version : ATTN:Parents - Recall of Easy bake oven

Casa Nova
07-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Its been recalled because children are getting there fingers caught in the opening. One 5 yr old girl even got part of her finger amputated because of it... I personally would never even give my child a oven.. no matter how safe the company says it is.. I believe they are giving refunds etc for them if you have one already. heres a link for full info.

---Click Here for More info--- (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070719/ap_on_go_ot/easy_bake_recall)

TheLegacy
07-19-2007, 09:18 PM
I really don't know how to put this - 40 years ago there were easy bake ovens and no one got hurt. My wife even looked at me when she saw this on the news and said, "wtf?!!"

It's like GiJoe and Barbie - every kid got an Easy Bake - problem is that we aren't teaching them how to read through the instructions.

Sorry for the child - but we are getting one for our little girl when she's of age

Cyndalie
07-20-2007, 09:19 AM
TheLegacy, as much as it may seem like it, the kids aren't getting dumber.
The parenting is getting worse.

1. Giving toys to children too young to play with it.
2. Not instructing children how to use it, especially the first few times they play with it.
3. Telling children what 'approved only' items can be used in the oven, and to ask permission when they feel like getting 'creative'. We used to make nachos in ours :)
4. Inspecting the toys for harmful parts or accident proofing it.

Why do all this when our kids can get hurt and we can sue someone instead?

Evil Chris
07-20-2007, 09:23 AM
I agree that parenting has gone downhill. There are just way more distractions in life now than say 30 years ago.
Plus there are WAY more people. It's mathematics too. Eventually, if enough people use an easy-bake oven, someone is going to lose a finger.