PDA

View Full Version : Drew Carrey the New PIR Host!

Casa Nova
07-24-2007, 01:55 PM
The Price is Right has finally picked a new host.. and its Drew Carrey!! WTF!!

He's a funny guy, but c'mon! He is certainly no Bob Barker, PIR will now go the way of Family feud once they got a new host. I just don't think he has the same charisma etc.. I'm so disappointed lol

Heres a link to the story on CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/23/price.carey.ap/

Evil Chris
07-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I like Drew but he's nothing like what Bob Barker was.
I guess it will just be difficult to fill those shoes.

TheLegacy
07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
WTDuce - I thought Rosie had that spot?

Well if Bob is cool with it then fine, just would have been nice (similar to Carson picking Jay) if Bob actually picked the next host. Not that Drew isn't bad mind you

keithwoo
07-24-2007, 11:07 PM
They might think the show needs new group of viewers. I do not think drew carrey fans will be up that time of day.

Cyndalie
07-25-2007, 10:52 AM
He's doing it for the hot chicks.
I know it.

Virgule3
07-25-2007, 11:29 AM
You know, you might be surprised!

I like Drew Carey a lot, loved his show...

Do you remember Al from Home Improvement? He's the newest host of Family Feud and I believe he is the best one so far!

Maybe we'll be surprised with Drew!

Sophie.

Edited to add: "No, I don't watch game shows!!! Just once in a blue moon!"

Platinum Chris
07-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Nobody can replace Bob. Its completely impossible to try and come remotely close to what Bob as done on the show for the past 35 years. Remember, Bob wasn't the original host of PIR.

However, I think Drew is a good fit. He's got a good wit on him, and I believe he has the ability to keep the game moving, which is what is key to the show. If Rosie was doing it, PIR would have died in a year. She just doesn't have the gameshow personality, where has Drew has the experience.

Casa Nova
07-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Drew will have to just make sure he doesnt try to be like bob, he has to make the show his, just like Letterman did after carson.