PDA

View Full Version : I usually don't complain - but....

TheLegacy
07-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Okay so most of you know we bought our home about a year ago - and apparently living in the farm lands with the wide open country air also means that occasionally the farmers nearby fertilize their fields. I have to put the incense on and hold my breath now as it wreaks through the friggin house.

God - bring me Florida NOW !!!

Friggin green acres living - oh well - bury my head in the basement and play Wii for a few more hours until the smell is gone

http://www.areavoices.com/charliezma/images/thumbnail/greenacres1.jpg

Casa Nova
07-24-2007, 04:50 PM
That must suck. Driving through the country to get to wasaga you smell manure all the way down, I can't stand it. I feel sorry for you, but atleast you got a nice piece of land.

Panky
07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
I lived all my life around farms. I really don't smell the manure anymore, except if it is pig manure. That stuff is just soooooo nasty.

TheLegacy
07-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Your right - I do have a wonderful wife, child and now home, so if I have to put up with a stink such as this for a few days - so be it. Just gives me a headache, makes me wonder how anyone can be into farm animals LOL

SykkBoy
07-24-2007, 05:49 PM
You kind of get used to that smell after awhile
what's worse is my ex-wife's place when I take my kids back....one of the other towns to pass through to get to the town they live in has a couple slaughterhouses and that smell is nearly damaging...and can be a major driving distraction when you're trying to hold your breath

TheLegacy
07-24-2007, 05:54 PM
You kind of get used to that smell after awhile
what's worse is my ex-wife's place when I take my kids back....one of the other towns to pass through to get to the town they live in has a couple slaughterhouses and that smell is nearly damaging...and can be a major driving distraction when you're trying to hold your breath

no kidding. I grew up in Kitchener/Waterloo area in Ontario - at that time they have a major beer factory and every day (especially the extreme heated ones) the smell of the factory could drop a bird in flight.

Panky
07-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Paper mills smell pretty bad too.

zand_stein
07-27-2007, 03:54 AM
I agree with panky too,
paper mills make my nose irritate........
but you can use nose musk for you to not smell it very often

Casa Nova
07-27-2007, 04:12 AM
There's a chicken factory just off a main road where i live.... if you wanna smell something nasty drive down Kennedy in brampton during 9-5 ... it's an odor that will scar you for life. I don't understand how people could even work in there with that smell, I nearly hurl driving down the road.

TheEnforcer
07-27-2007, 12:07 PM
I live close to a paper mill.

This post Reminds me of "Mr Perfect" Curt Henning and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan with their old "we told you so" skit..

We're not the type of guys to say we told you so but............ we told you so!! Hahahahaha!!

Great old school wreslting promos. :>))

thruma
07-28-2007, 09:04 AM
When I was a little kid I lived in a paper mill town and it just stunk like rotton eggs or worse every day.

I'm glad we didn't live there very long. lol