PDA

View Full Version : Like a Hurricane

Mister E
07-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Attention party people!

For those of you going to Internext next week, let me ask a question...

Have any of you been in a hurricane? :lightning::lightning:

I saw the tail of one in Jamaica. Came close to being messed up by a tornado while on tour with a band in the Mid West. Oh yeah...sat through an earth quake in L.A.

How about you? I think they can be very sexy.

And I say this with sensitivity to those who survived the big ones.
Well, some sensitivity..

Casa Nova
07-26-2007, 02:39 PM
I've never experience any sort of natural disaster, just lived through the cold winters of the 90's.

She Devil
07-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Thunderstorms are sexy.

Well anything that promotes wet t-shirts is sexy imo :)

Cyndalie
07-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Having just moved from Florida after living there for 30 years I have been in more than my fair share of hurricanes. Up until 5 years ago hurricane scares were more of a reason to shack up with friends and drink 'hurricane party' we called it.

After Charley, Frances, Jeane, Katrina, and Wilma (especially WILMA), and a number of other close calls and tropical storms since 2003 I have to say that these storms are some of the most frightening experience you can ever go through. Not only is the storm bad, but if you are in a badly affected area like we were after Wilma, you can look forward to weeks without power, unable to buy any food, water, ice, or gas, and quite frankly you are on your own. The damage is a whole other ballgame, and preparaton is also costly.

I never want to experience one again.

Evil Chris
08-01-2007, 07:37 PM
There are always lightning storms in Hollywood, Florida.

Last time I was there was for the first Internext they threw there and we saw some amazing light shows from our penthouse suite balcony.

Virgule3
08-01-2007, 10:55 PM
I was down in New Jersey in 1996 when the end of the tail of Bertha hit. Man, it was WILD! And we were very far up north!

It's the same year and the same storm that hit my area, Saguenay, which was totally flooded...

Sophie.

zand_stein
08-02-2007, 03:36 AM
I never been expercience that......
and I dont really want to experience that too...........

Terrence
08-02-2007, 08:08 AM
I say u just b careful and try not to stay outside if not needed

Good luck and have fun

Terrence

SFS
08-05-2007, 02:51 AM
I am a native Floridian. Im here 46 years. I can recall hurricanes Betsy, Cleo, Donna (1960s) David (1979), Andrew(1992), and most recently Frances, Jeane, Katrina and Wilma. When Wilma blew through, the front side wasnt too bad, we thought it would be a smooth ride.. Boy were we wrong.. The Eye came over us then brought on the back-side most of which was a mother fucker.. That was a scary few hours as my roof tiles came flying off (you could hear them crumbling and crashing across the roof). I had one sliding glass door NOT protected at the time, my wife and i spent the time with a mattress against the glass door while Wilmas winds bowed the glass door like it was rubber, we pushed against the mattress to counter-act the bowing door, hoping it wouldnt crash in on us and kill us..
I thought the door was going to blow in, then the entire house would have been compromised. Luckily we survived.

I now have a fortress. shutters on every opening, a generator system for my home, so i am comfortable now (electric, a/c, lights, etc) during the "after effects" of a storm, and i am comtemplating a "Metal Roof". It looks like roof tile but its not. Its very expensive though..

So, Ive been through all the hurricanes.. There is nothing sexy about them.. LOL
They are scary, forceful, intimidating, and a royal pain in the ass.

BUT

Its worth the risk of the occasional direct hit to live in paradise.

:)

GoodChris
08-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Global Warming has been really causing problems with my Igloo....