PDA

View Full Version : I am burnt to a crisp

Terrence
07-31-2007, 04:12 PM
I only spent 1 hour in the sun working on my lawn Now I look like a lobster and I don't feel very good. Please help <suggestions>

Terrence

Quagmire
07-31-2007, 04:18 PM
I did that last weekend. Spent several hours on Saturday and Sunday mowing the hay field, then I was floating around in the pool and roasted my stomach.

Needless to say I was feeling very ill for most of last week. Drink lots of water and try not to get in to any slap-fights.

Panky
07-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Drink lots of fluids, water especially. If you don't stay hydrated, you will feel worse, almost like suffering from a hangover with added pain from the burn. Get some aloe vera gel, even better if you can find it with lidocaine in it. You want to keep a lot of lotion on your skin to keep it moist. If you don't the burn feels worse and you will peel a lot more. Take lots of cool showers or soak in a cool tub. An oatmeal bath will also work to relieve the pain of the burn.

Mister E
07-31-2007, 05:06 PM
If you can source it the actual aloe plant will help you more than the processed version.

Failing that oxycodone is getting rave reviews, or ii it reviewd at raves?

Feel better at any rate; damn ozone layer!

Panky
07-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Failing that oxycodone is getting rave reviews, or ii it reviewd at raves?

LOL! Oxycodone will do more than just relieve the pain. I took that stuff once after my wisdom teeth surgery. That was one hell of a high. Coming down was horrible though.

Virgule3
07-31-2007, 06:05 PM
If your skin starts to itch, the cream SARNA-P willhelp a lot. It is basically aspirin in a cream that will numb your skin just a tad, enough to ease the pain.

Sophie.

Casa Nova
07-31-2007, 06:24 PM
my advice is the same as everyone elses.. Aloe vera.

Terrence
07-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Seems official I got sun sick. I have been barfing it must be my fair skin and hair the sun and I do not mix well

Thank you for your suggestions I am going to sleep

Terrence

zand_stein
08-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Drink a lot of water and get rest for this day.........
It will help a lot......
Hope to get well soon........

Quagmire
08-02-2007, 02:30 PM
I am almost done shedding my wonderful dead skin. Anyone need some?

sassygirl
08-02-2007, 03:16 PM
you should've put some lotion first before heading out...anyway, drink water to gain your strenght and put some hat on in case you sill need to come out

zand_stein
08-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Aloe vera can help you.....
or the best is to visit with dermatologies...
It will help you a lot....