PDA

View Full Version : Beckham opts out of Todays Toronto game!!

Casa Nova
08-05-2007, 03:05 PM
What The Fuck!!! It's days like today that Make me happy I didn't pay the $500-$1000 asked of me from people selling tickets to todays game, instead I got my buddies season tickets for todays game for $30 since he was on vacation. But certainly there are gonna be ALOT of pissed off people today in Toronto since they paid big money for tickets.

I expect stuff to get thrown at Beckham once he comes out and just sits on the bench. I can assure it, after he's refusing to play. It really sucks that he's starting his MLS career like this because he isn't gaining any fans, but rather the opposite. I understand that he's hurt and all but they shouldn't go until the last day playing the guessing game. When your ankle is hurt its hurt, and you know just from walking on it that it wont be good to play on, so why keep on the guessing game driving up ticket prices.. Meh, money rules & so does publicity.:2 cents:

Anyone else going to todays game in Toronto?

Evil Chris
08-06-2007, 10:04 AM
He didn't play because he was hurt. Why all the fuss?

Casa Nova
08-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Because they waited til the day before to make it official, even though they knew long before that he wouldnt. They just waited til last second to drive up ticket prices.

Sarah_MaxCash
08-06-2007, 03:12 PM
He was injured when he joined the team. If he plays and worsens that injury (and trust me this is something England supporters know about) you then risk him not being at any games all season. He only just played in his first game..I would have guessed there was a big chance he wasn't playing.

keithwoo
08-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I can see the point about not letting fans know he would not play. They want to make all the money they can off him so they do not let people know he will not play.

I would be mad if i paid alot to see him and he did not play and they knew he would not. I would not pay that much to see him so it does not bother me.

Cyndalie
08-08-2007, 12:48 PM
so fans are loyal to just a player and not the whole team in Soccer?
interesting.

Quagmire
08-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Does Beckham actually play, or does he stand around on the sideline like a douche all the time?

sassygirl
08-08-2007, 06:14 PM
well he is injured...he cant play even if he's on the team.

Funbrunette
08-08-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm already burnt out on the whole Beckam and Victoria wagon! Too much of an attention whore! There are other important news in sports and they're not getting half the publicity they shoud be getting....

:hockeypuck:

kaimai
08-09-2007, 07:20 AM
I'm already burnt out on the whole Beckam and Victoria wagon! Too much of an attention whore! There are other important news in sports and they're not getting half the publicity they shoud be getting....

:hockeypuck:

Yehhh!! Like what happened to the sexy FB burlesque site?