PDA

View Full Version : I'm having lunch with Jean Charest next week. Do you have a message or a concern?

Virgule3
08-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Yup,

I'm having lunch with Jean Charest, Prime Minister of the province of Québec...

I was invited with 11 other people from my area to have lunch with him to discuss and have the opportunity to communicate our concerns.

I was wondering, is there anything you'd like me to tell him? We'll each have our time with him so if there is anything that you believe should be mentionned, I'd be more than happy to relay the message.

Sophie.

Evil Chris
08-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Wow Sophie, that is a rare opportunity for you. I don't know how you feel about politics, but it is something that I do have an interest in. I have followed Canadian politics for many years.

Virgule3
08-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah, it is a rare opportunity. I can hardly believe the organizers thought of "moi"... But I am an articulate person, I present well, and I do have opinions...

The thing is, I have the same concerns as everyone and I'm not quite sure how to present them to be different... I believe we need help in our area to create more jobs, have companies come and get established here...

I quit the regular school system (as a teacher) because the system SUCKS...

Education, employment, hospitals, roads... etc...

Any suggestions?

Sophie.

Funbrunette
08-09-2007, 06:50 PM
The health system in Quebec is going down the drain. All the doctors are under paid and moving to other Provinces or to the US. It's NOT normal to have to wait 10 hours in a hospital (in the ER) or have to wait 6 hours to see a doctor at a clinic. Trust me when your child is very ill and you need help RIGHT AWAY it's frustrating to sit there and have to wait. At this point I would rather pay to see a doctor...This way I know I would be seen right away. :geez:

That's my 2 cents Sophie...Tell him FB is not happy...lol

Enjoy the experience I'm sure it'll be very interesting.

zand_stein
08-10-2007, 05:21 AM
Wow that very good news and its a very rare opportunity........
good luck sophie..........

ScreaM
08-10-2007, 05:35 PM
You're lucky. Have a nice lunch. :)

carol.prime
08-11-2007, 12:54 PM
take care sophie...just tell him that i need some money..lol

good luck to you...

TheLegacy
08-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Tell the dude to STOP charging back his CC - getting tired of it

Cyndalie
08-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Ask him what he thinks of George Bush and who he'd like to see voted in as the next US president!