PDA

View Full Version : Vick's nightmare continues...

SFS
08-28-2007, 09:43 PM
http://atmglobalsystems.com/mark/vick.jpg

Evil Chris
08-29-2007, 09:32 AM
haha.... nice one.
But Goofy isn't a dog.... they should have put Pluto in there.

SFS
08-29-2007, 09:22 PM
haha.... nice one.

Really? I never thought of that. What kind of creature is Goofy?
I need to go do some Disney research.. :)

Funbrunette
08-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Goofy is a dog...:confused: Isn't he? Now I'm confused too...lol

So tell us Evil one what kind of animal is goofy?

SFS
08-29-2007, 10:56 PM
I just found this info:

I googled "what type of animal is Goofy?"

And got this:

He is an anthropomorphic dog.

Goofy first appeared in "Mickey's Revue," first released on May 25, 1932 (Directed by Wilfred Jackson).

Dippy Dawg, as he was named by Disney artists, was a member of the audience. He constantly irritated his fellow spectators by noisily crunching peanuts and laughing loudly, till two of those fellow spectators knocked him out with their mallets.

This early version of Goofy had other differences with the later and more developed one besides the name. He was an old man with a white beard, a puffy tail and no trousers, shorts or undergarments. But the short introduced Goofy's distinct laughter. This laughter was provided by Pinto Colvig. He would serve as Goofy's voice actor until 1965.

A considerably younger Dippy Dawg then appeared in The Whoopee Party, first released on September 17, 1932, as a party guest and a friend of Mickey and his gang. Dippy Dawg made a total of four appearances in 1932 and two more in 1933, but most of them were mere cameos. But by his seventh appearance, in The Orphan's Benefit first released on August 11, 1934, he gained the new name "Goofy" and became a regular member of the gang.

Funbrunette
08-29-2007, 11:20 PM
I just found this info:

I googled "what type of animal is Goofy?"

And got this:

He is an anthropomorphic dog.

But still A DOG right. So we were right SFS...You did your research. Nice one! :xthumbs:

:walkdog:

TheLegacy
08-30-2007, 03:46 PM
haha.... nice one.

I thought George Baker designed goofy he said it was a dog.

talkdisney.com has him as a dog

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-23748.html

and on disney itself it reads http://home.disney.go.com/guestservices/faqs#history_archives15

What is Goofy? When did he debut?

14. Goofy is a dog! Good-natured but not that bright, this cartoon character made his first appearance, somewhat disguised, as a member of the audience in "Mickey's Revue" (1932). What distinguished the character from those sitting around him was not so much his appearance but his raucous laugh.

That laugh made such an impression on Walt Disney and his staff that the character soon began to be featured in other cartoons. Before long, Goofy was part of the gang that included Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Clarabelle Cow, and Horace Horsecollar. In the newspaper comic strips, this new character was first given the name Dippy Dawg. A 1938 book indicated the first change to Dippy's name, "The Story of Dippy the Goof," and by 1939 the final change was made to Goofy with the release of the cartoon "Goofy and Wilbur."

Goofy was created as a human character, as opposed to Pluto, who was a pet, so he walked upright and had a speaking voice. There were 48 Goofy cartoons (primarily in the 1940s and 1950s), but he also appeared in many cartoons with Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. He was best known for his series of "How to" cartoons, where he bumbled through the explanations. In the 1950s, he appeared in several cartoons as Mr. Geef, with a wife and son. The 1990s television series "The Goof Troop" reintroduced Goofy and son, but by this time the son was Max, quite different from his earlier incarnation, and the wife was no longer on the scene.