PDA

View Full Version : Emmys

Evil Chris
09-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Anyone watch? I'll admit that of the majority of the shows nominated, I hadn't watched many of them. Surprising since I watch a lot of TV. Probably too much. I'm just not watching all of the ones that were up for awards.

I was happy that Ricky Gervais won for best actor in a comedy series (Extras). Not too many people even reacted to that announcement which is weird since he has done so much with The Office both the UK and US versions. If you haven't seen Extras, I highly recommend it. Seasons 1 and 2 are now out on DVD.

Visualad
09-17-2007, 06:18 AM
watched a little. got bored. stopped watching.

Evil Chris
09-17-2007, 09:37 AM
watched a little. got bored. stopped watching.I don't blame you. It wasn't that good. Ellen Degeneres was funny when she did her bit. I like Ryan Seacrest, but I'm not sure that kind of hosting job is right for him. He's more of a Dick Clark kind of personality.

The Sopranos went out on top with best drama. I never got into that show.
I intend however, to rent the first couple seaons of WEEDS and check that out. I saw an episode awhile back and I thought it was pretty good.

Slippery
09-17-2007, 02:31 PM
There was a rumor going around that Britney Spears was going to make a guest appearance on the Emmys but as soon as I heard that I thought it must be a joke because Britney has nothing to do with being on television.