PDA

View Full Version : 1 Canadian Dollar = 1 USD Dollar

Magnus3x
09-20-2007, 12:08 PM
For those south of the border that still think your dollar is 2 to 1 LMAO We officially reached parity today
http://money.canoe.ca/News/2007/09/20/4511649-cp.html

I'm not very pleased to say the least!!

Evil Chris
09-20-2007, 01:15 PM
1 for 1 sucks for people in this industry who live north of the border.

Cyndalie
09-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Sucks to get paid in USD, but better if youre spending in the US if you are canadian, no? Get more for your money?

TheLegacy
09-20-2007, 02:07 PM
I think its been 31 years since this has happened - imagine the suprise of many US companies when their Canadian sales reps and remote employees start requesting to get paid in Canadian dollars. Time for billing companies/VISA to start accepting our currency as well. Tired of hearing webmasters setting up us companies just to get the privelege of providing credit card access on their sites.

Quagmire
09-20-2007, 02:55 PM
First we take their dollar, next we start pushing the border south.

Our plan is working and they don't suspect a thing.

dyonisus
09-20-2007, 03:20 PM
I used to love the days of the 35% increase in funds when I transferred commision sales form USD to CDN

This is a good thing for CDN economy and a bad. Will be interestign to see how it unfolds

Magnus3x
09-20-2007, 04:32 PM
yes the shopping is great, the problem in Canada is we don't get a reduction in the price of items like cars, appliances and even magazines. I was comparison shopping for cars, even with the duties and taxes I would have to pay to import a car, I could save up to $14K on a luxury SUV if I bought it in Buffalo, same fucking vehicle!

Evil Chris
09-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Might be time for some cross border shopping while it's like this, but honestly I hate it. The US dollar has been in free fall since the war in Iraq started.

TheLegacy
09-20-2007, 04:59 PM
I TOLD YOU SO FUCKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://3oceansrealestate.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/greenspan.jpg

quotealex
09-21-2007, 04:45 AM
It is now $1.00US = $0.9998CND according to http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=1&from=USD&to=CAD&submit=Convert

Jimmidean
09-21-2007, 07:01 AM
We are looking to buy a house on the gulf coast of FLA.
looks like the time may be at hand.

Cyndalie
09-21-2007, 09:30 AM
We are looking to buy a house on the gulf coast of FLA.
looks like the time may be at hand.

you sure you want to do that?
http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/3482/gulfcoastmajorhurricanezp8.jpg

peterk
09-24-2007, 06:16 AM
the $$$ sucks these days. We have to deal with the situation

Platinum Chris
09-24-2007, 09:51 AM
yes the shopping is great, the problem in Canada is we don't get a reduction in the price of items like cars, appliances and even magazines. I was comparison shopping for cars, even with the duties and taxes I would have to pay to import a car, I could save up to $14K on a luxury SUV if I bought it in Buffalo, same fucking vehicle!

Well, its not going to happen overnight. Retailers up here will milk the 'normal' higher prices for as long as they can until people take notice.

Right now, retailers can say the current stock was purchased when the $ was lower; they can say they're not certain if the $ will stay higher, etc. A million and one reasons to milk it for as long as possible.

I'd say by the new year, if the CDN $ is still on the rise and surpasses the USD$ by a bit, we'll start seeing some decreases in prices on things.

Other than that, enjoy the cheaper eBay purchases and WoW subscriptions :laughout:

Kenny B
09-25-2007, 05:15 PM

I already bought 1 car from the states and I'm looking for a second now, you save big scratch! This dollar sucks ass gotta find some ways to make it work in our favor.

Vid Vicious
09-25-2007, 05:27 PM
I already bought 1 car from the states and I'm looking for a second now, you save big scratch! This dollar sucks ass gotta find some ways to make it work in our favor.

what was involved in gettting the car here ?? How much more did that set you back ?

Kenny B
09-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Here's the extra costs involved:
Shipping: Budget $1000 to $1500 depending where the car is coming from
Customs Broker: $130 you don't need one but makes life so much easier
A/C tax: $100
Duty: 6.1% if the car is not assembled in the USA
Taxes: GST when crossing the border PST when you register the car
RIV Fee: $260
Inspections: Provincial $60 -$200 depending on the place you chose (quebec, i don't know the fee's in other provinces, second federal inspection is free at canadian tire

The 3 things many cars need is daytime running lights, (the module isn't expensive) bilingual airbag stickers as well as the child seat anchors.

The process can be a major pain in the ass though, trust me on this.

sassygirl
09-26-2007, 01:29 PM
1 for 1 sucks for people in this industry who live north of the border.

exactly...what's happening to U.S???:skull:

Platinum Chris
09-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Porsche in Canada just dropped their prices on the 2008 models by 10%. You can expect more luxury manufacturers to drop soon as well.

It won't be overnight, but prices will start to drop across Canada over the coming months and into the New Year if the dollar stays strong against the greenback.