PDA

View Full Version : Go Leafs Go!

Evil Chris
10-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Tonight it is the battle of Ontario!

GO LEAFS GO!

HammerALL
10-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh the mayhem - the carnage - the all out debauchary!

leedsfan
10-03-2007, 04:30 PM
and i predict 3-0.

Magnus3x
10-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Let's go DETROIT let's go!! Let's go De ohhhh right.. Ontario
LMAO

I feel for you Leaf fans this year.. I really really do.

TheLegacy
10-03-2007, 04:36 PM
and my big screen tv is being fixed AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG

Vid Vicious
10-03-2007, 04:38 PM
here we go again ...

After all the leaf disappointments its amazing to see that they're fans are still with them ...

Unlike montreal Fans ..

peterk
10-03-2007, 04:39 PM
yeah it's kind of funny :viking:

leedsfan
10-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Let's go DETROIT let's go!! Let's go De ohhhh right.. Ontario
LMAO

I feel for you Leaf fans this year.. I really really do.

ah, sometimes the truth hurts, but tell 'em like it is Magnus, because the truth will set them free!!!

And they'll be free to support a real team like my Wings baby.

Vid Vicious
10-03-2007, 06:31 PM
http://widget-75.slide.com/fsnapshot/504403158281489269/1/image.jpg?w=310&h=230&iw=0&ih=0&p=0&t=1191428757

Evil Chris
10-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Vid, when did you get on the Leaf hating bandwagon? ;)

Funbrunette
10-03-2007, 07:19 PM
You should be ashamed of yourself Christopher!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!

I knew I married the wrong Chris! :laughout: lol

Casa Nova
10-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Ouch, FB you're a habs fan!!? .. I'm so disappointed!

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Casa Nova
10-03-2007, 08:20 PM
BTw its 2-2 after the 1st.

Evil Chris
10-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Well we lost tonight in OT. Out-played them most of the game though.
I'm happy with Raycroft and how he did.

It's going to be another good rivalry year in Ontario!

Evil E
10-03-2007, 11:20 PM
1967 baby!

*hotlinked*
http://www.gohabs.com/images/habs_20060330.jpg

Casa Nova
10-04-2007, 05:46 AM
Well we lost tonight in OT. Out-played them most of the game though.
I'm happy with Raycroft and how he did.

It's going to be another good rivalry year in Ontario!

It was a great game, but I have to disagree with you on the raycroft front.. He let in 2 really soft goals Including the OT winner... I wasn't happy to see him start.

As for the new top line.. F'n wicked! Blake is such a workhorse and sundin looks rejuvenated playing with him! I'm excited for this season, But I'm anxious to see how Toskala fairs tomorrow.

Evil Chris
10-04-2007, 08:30 AM
I don't know why everyone comes down on Raycroft so much. He's good and I think people need to lay off him. I heard that line before "soft goal"... I think it was invented in Toronto just to lay blame on the goalie. LOL

What the Leafs still need is better defense. We've been brainwashed into thinking that McCabe and Kaberle are two of the best in the league, and while they're good (Kabs is way better), they aren't as good as, oh... Lidstrom or Pronger.

The Leaf saga will continue. :(

GoodChris
10-04-2007, 09:35 AM
I really should stay out of this, but...well...no.

The Habs have won their first game of the season unlike some "other' team that played last night.

My only dilemna in watching the Leafs VS. Sens is which team I hate more. My conclusion is, ... The only time you will ever catching me going for the leafs is if all Canadian teams have been eliminated in the playoffs and the leafs are still going for the cup. That is the ONLY time. Thank god the chances of that happening are really slim.

And yes FB, I've been telling you that for years!

Vid Vicious
10-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Vid, when did you get on the Leaf hating bandwagon? ;)

Have you already forgotten ? ... Ex Habs camera man (zamboni, bench and mezzanine), post game interviews ...

Ronaldo
10-04-2007, 11:44 AM
http://widget-75.slide.com/fsnapshot/504403158281489269/1/image.jpg?w=310&h=230&iw=0&ih=0&p=0&t=1191428757

lol, awesome pic.

One game, one loss. I'm so surprised. I predict the "Wait till next year" chants will start around mid January this year. The excuses will start much earlier.

Casa Nova
10-04-2007, 12:29 PM
I wont blame the whole loss on Raycroft, but you must admit the Alfie goal and the last goal were very weak goals. He may have a case for hte ot goal because he might've been a bit screened... I also understand that its only his first game but regardless he's a pro he shouldn't be continuing with his pattern from last year... buckling in the 3rd.

Regardless Go Leafs Go!!!!

Mister E
10-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Deja Vu.com

Ronaldo
10-05-2007, 01:04 AM
2 games, 2 losses.

Any cries of "Wait till next year" yet? Ooops, my bad. I forgot about the OTHER Maple Leaf mantra..."It's still early".

I've come to believe that Leaf fans favorite season isn't hockey season, it's summer. That's when they can tell the world how great their team will be when play resumes. Unfortunately for them they actually DO resume play and Leaf fans long for that summer full of optimism.

Casa Nova
10-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Ronaldo, it's only been 2 games.. both of which were played against the best team in the East & defending East Champs.

We walked into ottawa on a day where they were pumped from lifting the banner.. this wasn't at all good conditions for a win. Yet we still only lost by 1, and not to mention we had a goal called back ( by rules it was fairly called back).

It's not our fault that we believe in our team... thats how true hockey fans are.. unlike you boys over on the west side who write off your teams if they dont make the big trade.

as for "our mantras" that's pretty stupid of you to say since really those are the only two options to react to the game as? After a game you can either write them off, or say its still early.. what else is there really?

Don't be jealous because we have one of the most envied franchises in sports history.. it's not our fault. The cup will come soon, maybe not this year, maybe not next.. but either way the fans will be there to support the team til the end.. sure a few bad apples will boo and heckle.. but hey thats sports.

2 games does not a season make.

P.S. We are missing our 2nd line Center in WellWood and Bell.. who both will make a huge difference with there presence on the ice.

Ronaldo
10-05-2007, 01:42 AM
Ronaldo, it's only been 2 games.. both of which were played against the best team in the East & defending East Champs.

We walked into ottawa on a day where they were pumped from lifting the banner.. this wasn't at all good conditions for a win. Yet we still only lost by 1, and not to mention we had a goal called back ( by rules it was fairly called back).

It's not our fault that we believe in our team... thats how true hockey fans are.. unlike you boys over on the west side who write off your teams if they dont make the big trade.

as for "our mantras" that's pretty stupid of you to say since really those are the only two options to react to the game as? After a game you can either write them off, or say its still early.. what else is there really?

Don't be jealous because we have one of the most envied franchises in sports history.. it's not our fault. The cup will come soon, maybe not this year, maybe not next.. but either way the fans will be there to support the team til the end.. sure a few bad apples will boo and heckle.. but hey thats sports.

2 games does not a season make.

P.S. We are missing our 2nd line Center in WellWood and Bell.. who both will make a huge difference with there presence on the ice.

Typical excuse laden post from a Leaf fan. I count at least 4.

What else can you say beside your typical mantra's? Well, you can give the OTHER team credit for having a better team. You can say what you think your team NEEDS instead of telling us how great your team IS. Or you could just admit that your team sucks (You can do that you know and still like to watch them).

Something about your post typifies why T.O is hated throughout a great majority of Canada though. "Don't be jealous because we have one of the most envied franchises in sports history" personifies the arrogance of people from T.O. There's no jealousy in that statement either, but people like you and Chris seem to feel that's the only reason someone would hate your team.

Evil Chris
10-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Bah... it's early yet. :)

Ron is likely a Senators fan now because Paddock is their new coach.

Ronaldo
10-05-2007, 09:49 AM
I've never minded the Sens.

Evil Chris
10-05-2007, 10:39 AM
I've never minded the Sens.Yeah you say that now right? :laughout:

Ronaldo
10-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Yeah you say that now right? :laughout:
If you say so.

Because I don't have any outright loyalty to any NHL team anymore, when the playoffs roll around I get to pick the team I'd RATHER win. Last year for example I was cheering for Anaheim because of Teemu and Randy Carlyle. I didn't want Ottawa to win, but not because I didn't like them. Had they been playing Detroit I'd have been cheering for Ottawa without question. In FACT, I WAS hoping for a Buffalo/Anaheim final because I'd like to see Teppo Numminen get a cup. I might even have preferred him win one over Teemu (I've heard a few unflattering things about him as a teammate).

The only teams I can honestly say I despise are The Leafs and to a lesser extent, The Habs and The Lightning. Put any team against those three and I'll be cheering for the other team.

The great part about my position is when I choose to watch this "sport", I get to enjoy it for the game and not be blindly consumed by my own team...like Leaf fans always are. All of which goes a long way to explaining why you know so little about hockey.

Evil Chris
10-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Poor you Ron. A hockey fan without a team.
Why don't you break out that Jets jersey with the name DOMI on the back and come over for a few beers. You can tell me how you honestly feel about the Leafs and how you pine for them to hoist that silverware above their heads.

Ronaldo
10-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Basketball starts soon. Go Raptors!

Thankfully I'm able to cheer for this good young team because noone in T.O. gives a shit about them. Unfortunately when they win the championship in 3 years (that's gotta be hard to take eh Leaf fans?), all the local bandwagon jumpers will come out and I'll have to find another team to cheer for. You'll probably be leading the way.

On a side note, it was sure funny to see Fergie Jr. get upset in the press box last night wasn't it? It must suck to have the entire hockey world watching your work fail right before their eyes. He'll be put out of his misery by the end of the season.

Evil Chris
10-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Ron, come on.

Basketball is for our neighbors to the south...
But I guess for you it's like a consolation sport, right? ;)

Tune in to TSN... Probert is on OTR today.

Ronaldo
10-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Ron, come on.

Basketball is for our neighbors to the south...
But I guess for you it's like a consolation sport, right? ;)

Tune in to TSN... Probert is on OTR today.
Rarely do I watch the Toronto Sports Network. I stick to the other station. I'm not far off from removing the TSN website either. The advertisements are getting more ridiculous by the day.

Evil Chris
10-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Rarely do I watch the Toronto Sports Network. I stick to the other station. I'm not far off from removing the TSN website either. The advertisements are getting more ridiculous by the day.I bet you're one of those guys who also think that the moon landings were staged, and that Jimmy Hoffa is in the witness protection program.

Ronaldo
10-05-2007, 01:46 PM
I bet you're one of those guys who also think that the moon landings were staged, and that Jimmy Hoffa is in the witness protection program.Yeah, okay. The US government was behind 9/11 too.

niterider
10-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Canucks are up tonight... GO..GO..GO

Casa Nova
10-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Raptors are a amazing team, only the younger people really cheer for the raptors in the city. I may be getting my hands on some tickets to the home opener, when they raise the banner!! It should be fun.

Evil Chris
10-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah, okay. The US government was behind 9/11 too.You're a whack job then... :)

Tonight the Habs are in Toronto! Game on!

Casa Nova
10-06-2007, 05:43 PM
go leafs go chris!

i wonder who's starting

Ronaldo
10-06-2007, 06:56 PM
You're a whack job then... :)

And you're too simple to grasp sarcasm.

Evil Chris
10-06-2007, 09:42 PM
What a great game... it's 3-3 and we're in OT

No need for a shootout.... Leafs win!

Casa Nova
10-07-2007, 03:12 AM
Great game Chris!

Toskala played an amazing game, reminded me of cujo!

Evil E
10-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Seriously Chris and Vid... how can you live in Montreal and be a Leaf fan... You just can't do that.

Are both of you transplants? Shame on both of you.

rhetorical
10-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Curios that there are only four French Canadians playing for the Habs.

Evil Chris
10-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Being French Canadian has nothing to do with playing for the Habs, it never has been. Not even back in the 40s or 50s however there has always been an element of homegrown talent on that team, be it anglo or franco.
Seriously Chris and Vid... how can you live in Montreal and be a Leaf fan... You just can't do that.

Are both of you transplants? Shame on both of you.I grew up in London, ON watching HNIC every Saturday night and most of the time we got a Leafs game obviously. But when the Leafs were on the road, we always got a Habs game in its place. I grew up watching the Sittler years and the Lafleur years and I'm a fan of both teams but moreso Toronto.